Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 ss helmet

Article about: Hi I have just realised I posted this in the wrong section So I would like to apologise . I need some expert help on How To preserve this as I am concerned I might damage or remove the decal

Default M42 ss helmet

Hi I have just realised I posted this in the wrong section
    So I would like to apologise . I need some expert help on
    How To preserve this as I am concerned I might damage or remove the decal. Any help is much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 ss helmet   M42 ss helmet  

M42 ss helmet   M42 ss helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ss helmet
    P
    Many

Liner is bad. It's unworn. Runes I would say the same.
    D.

Looks like a 'buried in the backyard' fabrication to me. Most of the rust looks fresh and active. Hopefully you didn't pay much for it!

In regards to preservation. Really the best thing to do is nothing. Keep the helmet in a stable environment and it won't get any worse. I only remove rust in cases where it's active. If it's old, 'dead' rust, I don't bother. It does more harm than good trying to remove corrosion that's taken place over the last 70+ years. In this case, however, there's no point. Preserving a fake like this serves no purpose.

Regards, B.B.

Yeah, just a fake helmet made from an orignal shell, but repained, redecalled and relinered, obviously the wire is fake, too.
    Hope you can get a refund if you paid a lot for it, or if not and you want to keep it, just leave it as is, it shouldn't deteriorate more in a stable environment as was already said.
    Luis

Pocher style runes on the right side of an M42, if nothing else was wrong with the helmet that would be a red flag, but with this one, where do we begin?

Hey Jim
    Not really close to a Pocher decal. Look at the round soft bottom. It's way off.
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hey Jim
    Not really close to a Pocher decal. Look at the round soft bottom. It's way off.
    D.
    Indeed a round bottom fake, but the runes themselves are Pocher wannabies. All round a stinker.

Should have posted first before buying. That's why this forum is here. If one is not experienced...it's financial suicide to go on your own.
    D.

Quote by ireichit View Post
    Hi I have just realised I posted this in the wrong section
    So I would like to apologise . I need some expert help on
    How To preserve this as I am concerned I might damage or remove the decal. Any help is much appreciated.
    No need to preserve it. Let it crumble to dust.
    I would advise to get it out of the house and not touch it too much , chemicals will have been used to create the oxidation. You can probably smell it too.

Hi thanks for everyone's opinions there is a money back guarantee but at least it was not over priced for a so called original and now it will not hurt anyone else .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast