Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 ss helmet, is it original?

Article about: Hello everyone, I'm thinking of buying this helmet but I'm not sure if it's original. The seller is asking 2000 euros for it. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. Thanks in advanc

Default M42 ss helmet, is it original?

Hello everyone, I'm thinking of buying this helmet but I'm not sure if it's original. The seller is asking 2000 euros for it. Hopefully you guys will be able to help me out. Thanks in advance, kind regards, DionM42 ss helmet, is it original?M42 ss helmet, is it original?M42 ss helmet, is it original?M42 ss helmet, is it original?M42 ss helmet, is it original?M42 ss helmet, is it original?M42 ss helmet, is it original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ss helmet, is it original?
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Fake, why would they paint the inside white????
    But you can wait for more opinions.

Round bottom fake SS decal, the whole things is made to deceive and rip off someone easily parted with their cash. This sellers a crook if he's asking for that kind of money! Leon.

Agree with Leon and Chris, the decal is a fairly obvious fake and the interior paint (inside where the liner would be) is not correct.
    Someone has garnished up a cheap M42 in order to deceive.
    Nick

MAP
    ?

One look fake that doesn't need much analysis to see.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Agree, I didn't post anything at first because I didn't want to seem silly, but even to me it seemed like a very poor attempt to fool newer collectors of their money (I'm glad that I feel like I wouldn't have fallen for that one, though I still get fooled far too easily )

Once again...a ton of $$ saved by showing it here first.
    D.

Thanks everyone, the helmet is definitely not going to be in my collection, I'm fairly new to the entire "ss memorabilia" and hopefully no one will fall for this one. It's a shame though, rebrushing an original helmet to make it seem more valuable.

no chance

Two things to mention. If this were period done & original...a whitewash or snow camo SS helmet with provenance or at least a convincing camo applied, would fetch at least $10K. Possibly a lot more.
    The other thing is if it was period done, it would be known by the helmet collecting community. Rarely (if ever) does a helmet of this magnitude become available on ANY website. This would be sold "under the table" or "out the back door". It would never make it to the open market. There would be no need to advertise it, a respected, well connected dealer would know that, if indeed it was legit.
    D.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast