Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

My Brothers SS helmet.

Article about: Hello all, I'm Simon. New here. My brother and I have been collecting for 25+ years and have a ton of stuff. When it comes to the helmets we have collected we know some are good, some are qu

Default My Brothers SS helmet.

Hello all, I'm Simon. New here. My brother and I have been collecting for 25+ years and have a ton of stuff. When it comes to the helmets we have collected we know some are good, some are questionable and some are fake. My Brother is really proud of this one. He has had it for years, but we always have questioned its authenticity. We hope to authenticate this SS helmet with your guys help, or if not an SS helmet what it might have been. We know the liner is more than likely a replacement. The chin strap he said was original, he bought it and put it on.
    Photo didn't catch maker and size well ET 66, the "T" is there it was a little light.

My Brothers SS helmet. My Brothers SS helmet. My Brothers SS helmet. My Brothers SS helmet. My Brothers SS helmet. My Brothers SS helmet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My Brothers SS helmet.
    P
    Many

The decal looks like a poor quality fake.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The decal looks like a poor quality fake.
    Can you give me some pointers on how to spot them (this one anyway)? I'm just learning about them. I know about the borders and where they turn down and the Quist ones have runes that are slightly below the turn and such.

Make use of the very informative threads about SS helmets and decals on the forum which have been posted by very knowledgeable collectors for the benefit of others. I do not study helmet decals, but even to someone like me, this looks like a cheap waterslide decal.

Cheers,
    Steve

Also, you would not expect to see this ET (fake) style decal on a ET m42. CKL yes.

What decal would be on there? Post 1940 ET & EF with the sharp curve going towards the bottom?

Quote by SimonSorenKam View Post
    What decal would be on there? Post 1940 ET & EF with the sharp curve going towards the bottom?
    Not SS. Any other branch, Luft, Heer etc.

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Not SS. Any other branch, Luft, Heer etc.
    Did ET not make M42 SS helmets then?

I know there are threads and posts one this site, I'm new and still learning to navigate to areas that are helpful (bear with me).

Next question. Is the paint original? I assume no?

a re-enactor helmet , shell good. Rest not.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast