Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

My New M40 SS helmet

Article about: Hey guys! Just got my M40 SS helmet in and had to take quick pictures of it real quick lol! I didn’t want to keep it out in the sun for long because I just felt like it might cause harm to

And here is the third split pin I can hardly get a picture of since the reinforcement of the aluminum liner is blocking it I tried pulling it back to but it would not budge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New M40 SS helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New M40 SS helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Also the little bit of the liner band stamp I can see it says Berlin then 1938 under it
    It is a B&C (Biedermann & Czarnikow) produced liner.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I was trying to decipher that! Lol I couldn’t tell if it was E&C or B&C that’s good to know thank you Map!

MAP
    ?

Quote by PaddyD00 View Post
    ....See what MAP says ...
    Thanks for the compliment but I don't know everything. In fact I acknowledge I know little and that there are others with vast more experience than I. Remember. I collect everything, so I'm a jack of all trades, master of none!

Split pins appear to be old and not re-bent. Untouched over decades.

IMHO only, unless someone with more experience has more facts and corrects me, I don't think there is a conclusive answer.

Logic says this should have a steel liner band. Is it possible that this is a war time install liner? Yes. Likely? Hard to say.

For example. I have an M42 SS with perfectly flat pins. Rusty and aged. But the one side of the liner band is painted black. Never seen it before, it's not a post war Czech refurbished liner band (these were painted black on both sides). I can't explain it. But I'm happy with the anomaly.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well. Master of none whatever. I find your opinions important to me making decisions and appreciate them fully.

So we still think there is something fishy going on with this one because of the database ? I would guess if that’s the case. Wartime replacement. Why would pins be so rusty. And liner not match is my other Question

I Assume The different metals. But just thought it would match more.

I can only HAHA comment HAHA on the Quist paint work HAHA that it matches my no decal HAHA. Late war.

M40 ND Quisty

Glad you got this one Giants, i liked it right from the start.
    The liner + pins? I agree that they do not look molested with. However, can't really comment on the anomaly with the band.
    nick

?

That liner is a postwar replacement for me.
    Wartime replacements would logically happened with later dated liners. Not earlier. That just doesnt make sence.
    Old stocked early liner used later in the war is a story I do not believe in.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    That liner is a postwar replacement for me.
    Wartime replacements would logically happened with later dated liners. Not earlier. That just doesnt make sence.
    Old stocked early liner used later in the war is a story I do not believe in.
    Maybe this was the only one of the batch to leave the Factory w an Alu Reinforced Liner? I don't know this all gets tricky. It really stinks to have a question mark on the shelf for this guy. I don't. Just the way I collect and its a bummer that these nice examples can be tampered with so often. Hmm. Id still wait for more opinions.
    Z

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast