Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My New M40 SS helmet

Article about: Hey guys! Just got my M40 SS helmet in and had to take quick pictures of it real quick lol! I didn’t want to keep it out in the sun for long because I just felt like it might cause harm to

Default My New M40 SS helmet

Hey guys! Just got my M40 SS helmet in and had to take quick pictures of it real quick lol! I didn’t want to keep it out in the sun for long because I just felt like it might cause harm to it I guess I’m just being a little to careful with it because it so new haha! But I have learned a couple new things about this helmet like for one it is named it might have been done post war but idk and it looks like it’s been named twice at that. One thing that does have me questioning about this helmet is the chin bales look like they belong on a M35 has me a bit concerned??? Could this have been one that they added because they had extra at the factories??? Also chinstrap is not marked. I will be adding better photos when I get the time super excited! Any opinions and comments are welcomed thank y’all!!!
    Also forgot to mention it’s a side stamped Q64 with the lot number R3—and the other Two numbers you can’t really tell.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New M40 SS helmet   My New M40 SS helmet  

My New M40 SS helmet   My New M40 SS helmet  

My New M40 SS helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My New M40 SS helmet
    P
    Many

I’m not sure why that one decal picture went sideways sorry!

MAP
    ?

Congratulations Giant. Very nice decal on this one.

The liner is an aluminum reinforced example and the bales are correct. Not unheard of to see M40's using the older leftover stock liner bands. Are the split pins nice and flat? What is the lot #? That may help to see if it is an earlier M40.

It has one of those paper thin liners that seem to dry out.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay great thank you Map now I can wipe the sweat off my brows lol! Super excited to have this!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Okay great thank you Map now I can wipe the sweat off my brows lol! Super excited to have this!
    While not unheard of, it is not common. As I added to my post above, check out the split pins and the lot #.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Okay I looked at all three and they all three to me look like they have never been re bent and are very corroded I could only get pictures of two of the split pins the third I didn’t want to try and move the liner anymore and risk breaking the band or tearing the leather as the leathers fragile haha but they all have washers too here are the pics I was able to get for y’all.

The first two pics are of the same one with the second pic not helping at all lol I never realized how hard these thing are to photograph I apologize
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New M40 SS helmet   My New M40 SS helmet  

My New M40 SS helmet  

Here’s another picture I tried to take of the first one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New M40 SS helmet  

And here is the lot number it’s R3 something
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My New M40 SS helmet  

Also took my time on and went back and tried to get a better picture of all 3 split pins each picture is a different split pin. The last one is the one that’s almost impossible to get a picture of.

My New M40 SS helmet  

Can’t really see the split pins in those pics. I know I know. It’s hard and you don’t wanna F it up. Totally get it.

I just had to mail back to Germany a KM. Beautiful example. But I noticed bends in the pins that I didn’t see from pics. Super bummer.

Helmet looks Great!

Except what does that say on the Liner there .... “Made in Chi...” ahh. Whatever no big deal.

LOL Congrats friend
    Z

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast