Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My SS Helmet for the Luftschutz

Article about: Hello, at the beginning the SS made special helmets, but the price was hight, so they sold them....in part to the Luftschutz. * * * I don't know if it's rare..... Cheers, Michel

Default My SS Helmet for the Luftschutz

Hello, at the beginning the SS made special helmets, but the price was hight, so they sold them....in part to the Luftschutz.

I don't know if it's rare.....
    Cheers,
    Michel
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My SS Helmet for the Luftschutz
    P
    Many

Hi Michel, these "stamped" shells are not my area at all, but I do know that tons of transitional's have had fake stamps applied. I will leave it to others with more knowledge to give you the full facts on this one. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Jim, Frank and David could probably she'd some more light. I am not well versed in these. But I thought that the "SS" stamps were typically very lightly stamped with on side being hard to see?

I would do more digging but as many of you know, my PC is fried and is getting repaired

EDIT:

A quick search dug this thread up. Clearing up my minimal knowledge on the "light" stamping. Looks similar to yours.

Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

These RZM's were often reissued to the Luftschutz. My next post discusses the piece and what you want to see in greater detail. Jim G.

I would like to see a profile shot of the piece and also a shot of the interior of the vent lugs. From what I see it looks good, but the profile will show if the holes for the liner are positioned right (on the RZM shells the holes are higher and closer to the lugs that on the WWI combat M18 shells). Also, these were commercially produced, and there were NOT washers on the interior of the lugs whereas the WWI vintage M18 shells have those washers. The profile shot will also probably show the draw marks in the steel that we see in many original RZM's. The Luftschutz decal is good, and the paint looks 100% correct. Regarding the light RZM stamps, Mike is right, the way they are on your piece is what you want to see. As I said, however, it sure looks right to me. Jim G.