Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help

Article about: Hello! First I want to excuse my self from my rusty english and bad grammer. Me and a friend did visit a antique shop in the weekend that was. The owner was in his 80's. It was like stepping

?

Default Need help

Hello!

First I want to excuse my self from my rusty english and bad grammer.

Me and a friend did visit a antique shop in the weekend that was. The owner was in his 80's. It was like stepping in to museum. He had everything. Musket pistols, rifles, it was a real treassure chamber.

Aslong as I looked arround and small talked questioning some about himself, he has been on sea majority of his life and bought and horded along his life.

When I looked at the clerk desk with numerus objects I maneged to see the siluette of a knife I recognize, a jugend knife. As I asked him to take a look on it, and as a child in a candy store I was baffled to find this one hiding in the dark. I think the old man fellt I was comforteble with the subjekt so out from another draw he pulls out more knives and officers daggers most from the kriegsmarine.

As I was more excited he asked us to follow him to another room, where he had an plaque from Nsdap, medals and pins, tabs etc. I did spot one or two fakes but overall it felt legit. The Price was not to cheap but still a good Price. He told me he has most recived help from experts in the area that helped him set a price and so on, in time he could. This man hasnt yet accepted internet so a real orginal he is. He told me that major of the object was orginal from Denmark.

Now, when I was pleased with him showing me the artifacts I walked arround looking at artifacts like a fosil of a boxed fossilized chimpanse skull to grave gifts from asian dynasties my eyes caugt a helmet on a pile with other marine headwears. (The first tought popped up, ss parade helmet!) As I picked it up I asked him what he knew about this one. He said he thinks its just stickers that someone has put on, but it came along the other things long time ago.

As I inspected the helmet, stamps are there, the leather feels genuine, chin strap worn of, but as he said it feelt wrong but in the same time right. Often the fake one is trying to hide it, with brushing it or scratch it to make it look worn. "But not this one,why" My guts scremed buy it, buy iiiiit! So i did, now I have ransaked internet and noticed that it feels like a fake bit still not. As you can see seams to be stickers but why does it feels legit. (Maby just the fantasy of beeing a real one, but still I wanna feel free from the doubt) so, what do we think? Dont hesitate to ask for more pictures just say what angle and so on.

Thank you for the word

Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help
    Need help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help
    P
    Many

M38
    ?

Sorry to say, it is all fake. Even the shell is reproduction.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

I did read that a picture straight on the rune shield is to perfer.
    Need help

?

Well I had to give it a chans.. thank you for the answer. Its a shame it wasnt athentic, non of it.

Quote by Asse87 View Post
    Well I had to give it a chans.. thank you for the answer. Its a shame it wasnt athentic, non of it.
    I guess you did not pay 8000 euros for it :-)
    Always take an Ipad with you , a quick check can save you money.

?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I guess you did not pay 8000 euros for it :-)
    Always take an Ipad with you , a quick check can save you money.
    No lucky that i gave 200 euro, but im curious, what was so obvious that the whole Shell was fake, what should I have seen?

Cheers

No lucky that ������ i gave 200 euro, but im curious, what was so obvious that the whole Shell was fake, what should I have seen?

Cheers
    Well the liner is a big give away , it is not an M31 liner so even if the shell or decals got past you that was a big red flag.
    The second would be the price of course. A full original German helmet even without decals costs more than 200 euros.
    But really everything is very obvious so if you are looking to collect German helmets make sure to master the basics first and use the forum for help.

?

Yeah, I was missing the vent holes, but the mind struck me if it would be a parade helmet it wasnt ment for battle, and the battle cuschon etc.

Well the things he had there I wouldnt be shocked if it was real, some people had have luck before

?

Yeah, I was missing the vent holes, but the mind struck me if it would be a parade helmet it wasnt ment for battle, and the battle cuschon etc.

Well the things he had there I wouldnt be shocked if it was real, some people had have luck before

Well the things he had there I wouldnt be shocked if it was real, some people had have luck before ������������
    Only knowledge helps luck a nudge in this field and I still haven't found a 200 euro black SS helmet :-)
    If you are going to collect on luck you may find there is more trash than treasure.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast