Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need help with this SS helmet

Article about: Hi all have been offered this ss helmet, don't actually own any German helmets yet and have been reading up on them for a while now and have a book ordered, just wondering what peoples opini

Default Need help with this SS helmet

Hi all have been offered this ss helmet, don't actually own any German helmets yet and have been reading up on them for a while now and have a book ordered, just wondering what peoples opinions on this are if its real or not? not sure if its been repainted.Need help with this SS helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with this SS helmet
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    You will need to post better close up and clear photos before anyone will be able to tell you if it is authentic or not. Straight on clear photos of the decal and any maker's stamps as well as photos of the liner and inside of the helmet would help immensly.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph, yes I understand more photos the better and close up but unfortunately I don't own the helmet so am trying to get some more as we speak.
    Will get some photos of my little but growing collection up soon.

fake decal.
    chris

My advice for collecting german helmets is avoid anything SS, way too many fakes and over priced, even the real ones from the top dealers are 3k and up, yet some of the best long time collectors get fooled by some of these, a nice single decal heer or luftwaffe helmet would be the way to go, most are real and reasonably priced 400 and up, as always post here before buying,

Thanks maximus I think that's what I'm going to do and hopefully can get a half decent genuine one, appreciate the comments and once again apologise for the bad pics.

No problem gooner I remember looking for my first, if you want or need some good websites of solid dealers let us know, once in awhile you can get a good deal.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    My advice for collecting german helmets is avoid anything SS, way too many fakes and over priced, even the real ones from the top dealers are 3k and up, yet some of the best long time collectors get fooled by some of these, a nice single decal heer or luftwaffe helmet would be the way to go, most are real and reasonably priced 400 and up, as always post here before buying,
    Plenty of decent 100% originals around , you just need to know where to look for them but best Always check with an experienced collector/forum before purchase if you haven't studied these.
    Prices have gone down since a couple of years but will remain strong for SS.
    It's a good time to buy one now.

Hi Gooner, I cannot tell you if this one is any good from this image and if that is all the seller will send you, then my advice would be to leave it well alone. Leon.