Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New SS helmet with HD paint

Article about: by helmet2id Regarding the FJ, I have some opinions as well, but not being an expert, I won't express them in order to preserve the peace. Jim I'm with you on the FJ.

?

Default Re: New SS helmet with HD paint

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Regarding the FJ, I have some opinions as well, but not being an expert, I won't express them in order to preserve the peace.
    Jim I'm with you on the FJ.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New SS helmet with HD paint
    P
    Many

Doug thank you for your evaluation. NO I did not get it from War relics .eu...did not get it on line or at auction...well at least the Paratroop is correct. that was the expensive one...not the SS....I assumed it came out of wood works. Really I thank you for your opinion. Is it possible to get photos of correct decals so I can learn also to spot them?

?

Here is a correct Q on a Q M 40 like yours;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...le-decal-8461/

Here is a correct ET on an ET M 40;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...dy-camo-20434/

Note the differences in the runes?

Here is a correct ET but the decal is all visible on an ET M35;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...9-dated-23762/

Here is an example (well 2 examples ) of the CA Pocher decal Jim and I were referring to;

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...-rarity-94974/

The CA Pocher is similar to a Q however the Q the runes sit 1mm below the break while the Pocher the bottom of the runes are always at the break. Slight differences in the runes as well. Plus there are huge application differences between the two that with SS decals and shells is critical to understanding in order to correctly evaluate them.

Cheers I hope this helps,

?

Quote by discover View Post
    Doug thank you for your evaluation. NO I did not get it from War relics .eu...did not get it on line or at auction...
    My pleasure, I am glad you took it well and want to learn. Was the helmet bought locally? A lot of local dealers peddle stuff like this and the " decal looks old and aged" is how they typically evaluate and sell their wares. They just want to work at making a buck and not work on the research it takes to learn to spot fakes. In other words money not knowledge is their motivator.

Listening to experienced collectors like Jim can only benefit your knowledge base.

Cheers

Doug, Wrong link for the Pochers. By the way, when you let any of them go, let me know, especially the ET camo. Thanks in advance, Jim G.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Doug, Wrong link for the Pochers. By the way, when you let any of them go, let me know, especially the ET camo. Thanks in advance, Jim G.
    Oops! Thanks Jim, got it fixed. It's that EF double runic picked up this summer, one of my all time faves! Will do on the heads up! Good call on the lot nr match!

1. I've got dibs on his EF snow camo.
    2. Unfortunately Doug is correct, the decal is a fake of what would have been the wrong pattern for Quist anyway. Good for you for taking it well.

HOw could I complain about getting accurate info...?

.I am an officer first...we have to take our hard blows...
    Anyway it was the paratroop that I wanted in the deal ....The inside perfectly matches what one would expect for a size 71...and the sticker is perfect...has a sand finsih...could not be easy to fake at all

Quote by discover View Post
    What I wnated some info on was the HD. The family told me they thought it meant Home Defense ...which is funny since that is English, etc. THey said they played with it as childeren, etc.

Then a local collector told me the it was Danish Resistance....so would just like to get some feedback on the HD...do other collectors in UK have a helmet with the HD on it?
    HD probably stands for "Holger Danske", which was, as you suggest, a Danish resistance movement in WW2. As for the helmet's authenticity, I have no idea personally, but I would trust these guys opinions.

Rob

How would an American soldier obtain a helmet used by the Danish Resistance? It would seem that a resistance fighter would remove the SS insignia.
    I certainly would listen to the input of Doug when it comes to SS helmets.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast