Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NS m35 dd ss helmet

Article about: hello this helmets stamps are NS 66. lot E87 i have not seen that before. i am posting this for a gentleman who has just bought this helmet today. i am so out of the loop with these helmets

Default NS m35 dd ss helmet

hello this helmets stamps are NS 66. lot E87 i have not seen that before.
    i am posting this for a gentleman who has just bought this helmet today.
    i am so out of the loop with these helmets is that all i could say was that the decals were or trying to be CA poachers or have a chance of being ok.
    and the paint work looked a bit off to me.... so i would like to get some opinions from the more advanced people on here... thank you mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NS m35 dd ss helmet   NS m35 dd ss helmet  

NS m35 dd ss helmet   NS m35 dd ss helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NS m35 dd ss helmet
    P
    Many

more images
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NS m35 dd ss helmet   NS m35 dd ss helmet  

I'm not getting a good feeling about this one I'm afraid. Not seen a lot E87 NS lid before and those with a similar lot range are Heer as far as I know. The decals looks recent and the paint looks bad too. But please wait for others to comment.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    I'm not getting a good feeling about this one I'm afraid. Not seen a lot E87 NS lid before and those with a similar lot range are Heer as far as I know. The decals looks recent and the paint looks bad too. But please wait for others to comment.
    i can see the liner dose not look like it has been messed with. but where pocher decal used on reissued helmets?

I have to say i agree with BlackCat - as NS did not produce SS helmets, this would have to be a field applied / re-issue Pocher decal. It seems unlikely.
    I checked Frank's Lot number database and there are 133 NS M35 helmets including several that are re-issues. Of these only one is an SS helmet (i discounted the CR decal - which was there for reference only).

I suspect this was a former double decal Heer or Polizei helmet, made up to look like an SS helmet.
    As for the decal - i'll let others comment on that.
    Nick

It's a 1937 issue heer lot# E87 (same as my 1937 heer),NS police contract started in 1938, so it was not police. Is that a war time steel liner ? Appears post war paint & bad looking Pocher rune. At least that's what I am seeing.
    D.

NS m35 dd ss helmet  
    Last edited by real steel; 05-22-2019 at 03:32 PM. Reason: liner question

Yes I agree, its original identity has been somewhat destroyed by later owners. A pity, as an early issue Heer would do it for me.

From what I see I hope he did not pay 10K for it.

Thanks for the input gentleman. He found this helmet for $60. But as said this helmet has been destroyed. If keep in original condition. Would had been a nice buy. I just was not confident to call this out. But I would have given it a miss if someone tryed to sell it to me as a original as helmet. If I had in hand.

apparently this helmet has been authenticated as a genuine helmet. he did say by who...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast