Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

opinions on this please ?

Article about: I have been sent this and would value some opinions on it it is a M42 SD HKP68 with a late lot number of 45?? but to be honest some of the numbers are a little bit faint so cant be sure than

Thanks Leon, I have done some reading of the Brian Ice book on HKP lot numbers this particular lot number is not listed which would have been after the decal drop anyway but there are field applied SD's both Luft and SS both before and after the lot number on this so i have learnt something anyway. Ha ha just got to get my head around decals/chinstraps/colours both real and fake !!

Regards Bob. (the student)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on this please ?
    P
    Many

?

The lot number book makes no difference and again it is also a lot of presumption without absolutes which collectors crave.

The bottom line is this, its a fake decal regardless. Along with a suspect strap and liner.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The lot number book makes no difference and again it is also a lot of presumption without absolutes which collectors crave.

The bottom line is this, its a fake decal regardless. Along with a suspect strap and liner.
    Doug,

Where can one purchase this book, do you know? I looked on amazon and couldn't find one in stock.

William Kramer

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

William

I don't have Brian's book but have seen several discussions on it. I'm not sure it's really worth the money, but it's up to you. If you want to read just to read it than that's fine. But if you're reason it to help nail down specific branches to lot numbers than you're probably throwing away the money. You're call!

thank you both! After Ade's reply I searched and found a pdf of it on eBay and threw 10 bucks at it. Interesting to have as a reference.

William Kramer

Got mine on ebay, its cheap enough to own but definatly not the bible on steel helmets, more of a fun reference.

?

I dont own it and dont plan to. There is a perfectly good free lot number reference on GHW2 which was copied without permission and put into this book or so I was told.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2