Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original RZM SS no decal helmet?

Article about: I have my doubts about the paint because of the dent with no scratches on it. Liner and shell look authentic to me but I’ve not got much experience with this particular model of helmet. If

Default Original RZM SS no decal helmet?

I have my doubts about the paint because of the dent with no scratches on it.
    Liner and shell look authentic to me but I’ve not got much experience with this particular model of helmet.
    If original, how much do these typically go for?
    I can buy it at £1750.
    All opinions welcome and greatly appreciated!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original RZM SS no decal helmet?   Original RZM SS no decal helmet?  

Original RZM SS no decal helmet?   Original RZM SS no decal helmet?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original RZM SS no decal helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Kelly Hicks has a whole page of them on his website that range from $4000 - $8750.

Maybe reach out to him if you get no answers here. good Luck

You searched for ss rzm helmet - SS-Steel
    Regards, Al

Not an expert or collector of these by any means but I have looked at quite a few and a few things stand out. These are just my personal observations, but the leather of the liner looks a bit like forced wear to age it. Reminds me a lot of the fake liners we see coming out of Latvia. See example below that was inside an Imperial German WW1 liner and recently sold for quite some dollars on a dealers site.

Also, the paint on most examples I’ve seen ranges from very glossy to having a low sheen whereas this one looks quite flat. The RZM stamp looks a bit odd as well. Overall, my gut feeling says no, but check with an expert.

I also thought of Kelly as per Aldo’s suggestion, and I’m sure Kelly would be happy to have a look as he really studies these helmets. Happy to shoot some pics over to him if you’d like.

Andy

MAP
    ?

Kelly's at the SOS so might be a bit tied up

But agree, he would be a good choice to consult. The only thing I know about these is that I know very little about them.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wondering if the blue paint in the photo below is on top of the black paint or under. To my eyes it looks to be underneath. Also think I can see the blue coming through in other areas as well.

One to avoid.

So I messaged Kelly Hicks, and he replied “that is a reproduction rzm with false stampings. It's a fairly typical commercial helmet of the period but definitely not rzm ss. There was only one contract for those and they only look one way”.

Hope this helps,
    Andy

Some worker would be getting a tap on the shoulder stamping marks that poorly!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Here are 2 RZM shells and the ear stampings on each for comparison. The stampings on the thread starter are much cruder and clearly are fake. Plus, the shell is not an RZM shell, it looks like a commercial droop bill.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original RZM SS no decal helmet?   Original RZM SS no decal helmet?  

Thank you everyone for your very useful insight! You have saved me a lot of money!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Lord Joeldemort View Post
    Thank you everyone for your very useful insight! You have saved me a lot of money!
    Yup. Lots of money saved.

And for the small cost of an annual membership on the forum, it helps support the continuation of the forum and helping people save money.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)