Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...

Article about: Hello, a beginner trying to purchase a first helmet. Came across a person selling a couple things so thought maybe I can offer a bundle. So far only this picture posted. Real , fake ? Any in

Default Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...

Hello, a beginner trying to purchase a first helmet. Came across a person selling a couple things so thought maybe I can offer a bundle. So far only this picture posted. Real , fake ? Any input to ask would be great! thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...
    P
    Many

Can't guarantee with this pic. However it stands a chance at being an original ET decal. Just "A long shot" until discernible pics are posted to include closeups of decal, maker stamp, well the entire helmet would help. I have never seen damage such as this, would be interesting to view the entire helmet
    Last edited by real steel; 01-15-2018 at 05:53 PM. Reason: added more advice

Thanks! I will ask..

Similar quality pics as these are what is needed & expected to authenticate an SS helmet (or any helmet)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...   Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...  

Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...   Original Waffen SS M40 Helmet Help...  

Sorry guy's just as the same for the SS Officer Visor, the seller has responded with more pictures.. The kicker , it's not even the same helmet. No holes , and much cleaner. As well as no return telephone number . A scammer for sure.

MAP
    ?

Quote by koisokok View Post
    Sorry guy's just as the same for the SS Officer Visor, the seller has responded with more pictures.. The kicker , it's not even the same helmet. No holes , and much cleaner. As well as no return telephone number . A scammer for sure.
    Run. Don't walk away? (For the SS Grey Peaked visor as well).

Again? Was it on Craigs List? What is his name? Paval? I'm sure all photos have been stolen.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

If it is Craigslist and the seller is Trespuentes, Kaspian or Pavel Novak RUN AWAY! Also, if you are searching across the country check to see if the same item appears all over the place. The SS helmet with holes in it has appeared in Manhattan, Los Angeles and in between. Also watch for ads ending in 100% original - seems to be a common ending on bad ones!
    Last edited by alikat; 01-16-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Apart from the odd holes, that look contrived, there seems to be no sign of rust or paint flaking around the ruptured areas. I'd be skeptical.

Collector11
    ?

i see that that decal looks good but the dealer gives it away, what if in 10 years the decals will be reproduced so good thats its a perfect match with an Original will everyone get super super super suspicious of eachothers helmets and will we be unable to ever sell one if the fakes are so good, how will we counter them?

Quote by kaibos11 View Post
    i see that that decal looks good but the dealer gives it away, what if in 10 years the decals will be reproduced so good thats its a perfect match with an Original will everyone get super super super suspicious of eachothers helmets and will we be unable to ever sell one if the fakes are so good, how will we counter them?
    I don't think this will happen - when I examine my decals under a USB microscope, the aging on them is very distinct.
    I'm not an expert on examining decals, or the microscope images, but I would think that it would be very hard to recreate this effect.
    Just my opinion though.
    Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast