Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Is this a real SS?

Article about: Hello Forum, I have never really been into SS helmets that much, but I’ve found this helmet offered online for around 200€ (Which seems a fairly cheap Price for an SS helmet that is more the

Default Is this a real SS?

Hello Forum,
    I have never really been into SS helmets that much, but I’ve found this helmet offered online for around 200€ (Which seems a fairly cheap Price for an SS helmet that is more then a piece of rust.)
    I have no real knowledge on SS decals so I need your Opinion, i only know that, as its a Quist helmet it should have the Quist Decal, with whom it shares some similarities.
    It’s an M35 with an Aluminum Liner Band and all 4 Split Pins intact, it’s an Q64 shell.
    It seems that it once was a DD, as there are remains of the second decal left.
    All help and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor

Is this a real SS?Is this a real SS?Is this a real SS?Is this a real SS?Is this a real SS?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a real SS?
    P
    Many

Better photos needed!
    Although it has a chance.

Nick

I asked the seller for closeups, if i get them i´ll post them.

Quote by Adravor View Post
    Hello Forum,
    I have never really been into SS helmets that much, but I’ve found this helmet offered online for around 200€ (Which seems a fairly cheap Price for an SS helmet that is more then a piece of rust.)
    I have no real knowledge on SS decals so I need your Opinion, i only know that, as its a Quist helmet it should have the Quist Decal, with whom it shares some similarities.
    It’s an M35 with an Aluminum Liner Band and all 4 Split Pins intact, it’s an Q64 shell.
    It seems that it once was a DD, as there are remains of the second decal left.
    All help and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
    Adravor
    Good that you master that info , Q = Only Q runes.
    Now the second part is always get decal close-ups otherwise it is not much use asking opinions :-)

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Better photos needed!
    Although it has a chance.

Nick
    Agreed. The runes appear to be the Q style but clear front on close ups are needed of both decals. Jim G.