Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Camo Relic?

Article about: Hi all, I came across this helmet in a local shop today. I don't feel too good about this decal, but wanted to get another set of eye on it just in case! It's an EF64 I believe, although it

Default SS Camo Relic?

Hi all,

I came across this helmet in a local shop today. I don't feel too good about this decal, but wanted to get another set of eye on it just in case!
    It's an EF64 I believe, although it could be an ET - I can't really make it out too well. I can't make out the lot number with all of the rust either.
    I'm pretty unconvinced about whats left of the paint as well. Any opinions? Thanks!

SS Camo Relic?
    SS Camo Relic?
    SS Camo Relic?
    SS Camo Relic?
    SS Camo Relic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Camo Relic?
    P
    Many

It is an ET but I am not convinced that is a real SS decal.

Can’t see any pulver and what is in its place looks like the same paint as the rest of the shell but slightly discoloured with something. Looks like an attempt at a distinct ET style border around the shield but that too is questionable. The bottom of one rune looks much shorter than the other. It looks hand painted over a rusted pitted shell.

Thanks for the replies! Now that I look at it, I think the top of the runes are uneven too. As AndyM35 mentioned, it could definitely be hand painted. I'll probably pass on this one. Thanks!

I would pass as well. The forgers also tried to make it look like a double decal, but in nearly 60 years of collecting I think I have seen only one double decal M42 with the decals in the standard configuration (runes on right and party shield on the left.) There were some double runic M42's as well - but only a few. This one is neither. Jim G.

Come to think of it I don't think there were M42 ET SS helmets, aren't they all ckl's? I have NEVER seen an ET M42 SS helmet. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Quote by AndyM35 View Post
    ... It looks hand painted over a rusted pitted shell.
    My first impression as well.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There are indeed M42 ET SS helmets. This was discussed in another thread not long ago, where those of us who own examples posted images of them from our collections.

Hi Mike, can you bump that thread? I could e wrong, but if there were M42 ET SS helmets they are very rare. None are listed on the GHWII lot # data base. Did the ones in the thread you mentioned have champagne runes? This is a gretat hobby. We are always learning. Looking forward to seeing the thread. Cheers, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Hi Mike, can you bump that thread? I could e wrong, but if there were M42 ET SS helmets they are very rare. None are listed on the GHWII lot # data base. Did the ones in the thread you mentioned have champagne runes? This is a gretat hobby. We are always learning. Looking forward to seeing the thread. Cheers, Jim G.
    I think there exist a few Jim, I believe size 70's even. But very very uncommon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast