Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

SS DD M35 helmet

Article about: Hi guys, well I've been putting this off for a long time, but finally I'm posting my M35 DD SS helmet - or is it? The N.S shell can ring alarm bells but Germanhelmetvault states there are ex

Default SS DD M35 helmet

Hi guys, well I've been putting this off for a long time, but finally I'm posting my M35 DD SS helmet - or is it? The N.S shell can ring alarm bells but Germanhelmetvault states there are examples with field applied decals, the decals (I tried to get the best close ups), well unlike my Heer, Luft and one Km I have, I can feel the outline of the decals which I think rightly or wrongly can ring those bells again. I'd be appreciative of any opinions but I've a feeling I might be disappointed!
    SS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmetSS DD M35 helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD M35 helmet
    P
    Many

You're right, NS did not make SS helmets, but these aren't field applied original SS decals. The decals and the liner are reproductions. The paint is post war applied over a pitted shell. Sorry, but there is nothing period about this item other than the shell. Again, I am sorry to be the bearer if bad news. Jim G.

you've confimed my growing suspicions over the years Jim, oh well. Thanks.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    You're right, NS did not make SS helmets, but these aren't field applied original SS decals. The decals and the liner are reproductions. The paint is post war applied over a pitted shell. Sorry, but there is nothing period about this item other than the shell. Again, I am sorry to be the bearer if bad news. Jim G.
    Agree with Jim.

Gutted for you, but not only are the decals added I don't like the freshly painted unit marking inside the rim either.

I paid nothing for it, my dear departed father was taken to the cleaners by that Flatken militaria bastard, I wish I could get my hands on him. Or better still transport him back in time and put him in a shell hole in Stalingrad on Christmas day.