Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS DD M42 Might Buy

Article about: Hi everyone, might buy this m42 DD SS helmet and wanted some thoughts on it first. Thanks

Default SS DD M42 Might Buy

Hi everyone,
    might buy this m42 DD SS helmet and wanted some thoughts on it first.
    Thanks SS DD M42 Might BuySS DD M42 Might BuySS DD M42 Might Buy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD M42 Might Buy
    P
    Many

There are definitly better Pictures needed, closeups of the Decals, makers mark, Lotnr. maybe also of the stamp on the chinstrap.
    SS helmets are faked a lot, and there is a need of very good pictures to determine the originality.
    I would also recommend asking for closeups of the split pins, to see if they are rebent.

?

Not super familiar with German helmets but I don't think DD M42's exist due to Germany phasing out double decals in 1940. Correct me if Im wrong

MAP
    ?

First of all. The decals are on the wrong side. And yes, it should not be a double decal.

The Runes are mimicking a Pocher or Q but appear to be graphically wrong from what I think I can see but I can't expand the photos

There are many other things I would like to look but since I can't expand the photos I can't really be sure. For example. It looks like it has an early aluminum chinstrap buckle. And the bales on the liner band look to be the early (M35 era) square aluminum type seen on the aluminum liner bands (I can't see but would then assume this is an aluminum liner band.

So IMHO...all bad. Save your money.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

.... and its the classic "round bottom" fake with the bottom conveniently scratched off.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Brave man buying a DD SS from those tiny photos and without close ups.
    DD M42 SS do exist though but not factory produced.

You may need to clear up what the deal is with the fake FJ you threw up on ebay.
    M38 Review Request - From a Collection what do you all think?

And the fake camo as well ...

Mirroring what Frank has said, what’s with the M38? You said on your eBay site that you weren’t experienced with German Helmets but tried to sell it anyway even after being advised by numerous members of this group that it was dubious. What’s going on? Are you authenticating for your own collection or to sell on eBay like the other items you’ve posted. This site is for people interested in history and not a vetting page.

I took the M38 off ebay. I find it interesting that Ruptured Duck is selling what you all think is a fake M42 SS Helmet then.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast