Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this SS decal real or fake?

Article about: Hi everyone, I posted an SS helmet in the relic forum earlier and was hoping that someone could say for certain whether the decal was original or fake. I probably should have posted the thre

Default Is this SS decal real or fake?

Hi everyone,

I posted an SS helmet in the relic forum earlier and was hoping that someone could say for certain whether the decal was original or fake. I probably should have posted the thread here. If this helmet is indeed fake, then I will ask for a refund immediately!

Is this SS decal real or fake?Is this SS decal real or fake?Is this SS decal real or fake?Is this SS decal real or fake?Is this SS decal real or fake?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS decal real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi, this looks like it could be an ET type decal to me that has been heavily scrubbed back, that said, I am not 100% convinced as the bottom of the shield does appear a touch "round", but that could be border loss from the scrub back. Also it looks as though the liner may be a replacement as it is the earlier M35 type with square chinstrap bales and the pins do not match the helmets paint/wear and patina. Leon.

My feeling is that the oxalic acid treatment (probable) has affected the decal, but it is ok.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

There is something off on this one... yes, the black looks like this when scrubbed, but look at the white. There wouldnt be so much if almost any high spots with decal still on them (texture in the paint). But still when i look better at the black, looks like there is something over the decal, possibly something to preserve it?
    Last edited by LeonardoL; 06-26-2016 at 08:27 PM. Reason: txpo