MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS double decal helmet

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this SS helmet from a private seller, said he bought it from a veteran that brought it back from the war. I'm no expert in SS helmet's so I was hoping for the experts

?

Default SS double decal helmet

Hello everyone, I found this SS helmet from a private seller, said he bought it from a veteran that brought it back from the war. I'm no expert in SS helmet's so I was hoping for the experts to help me determine its a fake. Any help is greatly appreciated. SS double decal helmetSS double decal helmetSS double decal helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS double decal helmet
    P
    Many

Fake decals. The liner looks original as may be the paint. The strap it not the right type for a Ss combat helmet. Can’t tell from the images if its a period strap off something else or not. Hope you didn’t pay too much.

MAP
    ?

Save your money. The decals are not even close to anything original. Who is the maker of the shell?

A quick look through the SS decal section of the forum (see link below) will show that this style of SS Runes never existed.

SS Decals - Master Reference

These decals are put on cheap repro helmets. Here is one that I picked up with a few years back for next to nothing to display a helmet cover

SS double decal helmet
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I didn't pay anything thankfully, I don't study or buy enough SS militaria to buy it without waiting for others opinions even though I should start. Pretty upset this helmet though because I know the guy and am suprised he would lie to me about buying it from a vet. I guess that's why you can't trust anything when it comes to this hobby.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Serene View Post
    I didn't pay anything thankfully, I don't study or buy enough SS militaria to buy it without waiting for others opinions even though I should start. Pretty upset this helmet though because I know the guy and am suprised he would lie to me about buying it from a vet. I guess that's why you can't trust anything when it comes to this hobby.
    For anyone that spends a little bit of time on helmets and decals, these really hurt the eyes and are 1,000 yard fakes. That said, as you note, you don't study these so you did the right thing and asked first!!

Can't say why this guy said what he said. But either he is lying or he knows very little about what he is selling and can't tell a real from a fake.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The national shield fire truck red is not the red used. The color should be that of tomato soup. you see that red on the decal, scream 911 and run.

I am not a decal expert, but the overal condition of this helmet does not match the condition of the almost undamaged decals. By far, I think. That is always something to take in consideration. Even with better fake decals, that should make you suspicious.
    And by the way: don't be surprised by vets having reproductions. For instance, a lot of German vets lost their medals as a POW and bought some nice copies at rallies. Once collectors start to offer money for their 'real' medals, it is hard to refuse of course. :-)
    Happend also a lot in the cuff title corner, I was told by older collectors.