Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet

Article about: Hey folks, What do you think about this SS guards Vulkan fiber helmet. Runes look good to me with the left one being slightly larger than the right one and the patina, what do you reckon? Ph

?

Default SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet

Hey folks, What do you think about this SS guards Vulkan fiber helmet. Runes look good to me with the left one being slightly larger than the right one and the patina, what do you reckon? Photos supplied are not the best I'm afraid.
    Thank you in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet   SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet  

SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet   SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet  

SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet   SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS guards Vulkan Fibre helmet
    P
    Many

I watched one like this (cracked too) sell at an auction in the week....I had a good look but don't know enough to judge its authenticity (assuming it's the same one)

MAP
    ?

Thumbs down. Just look at the alignment of the roundel and swaz. And look at the size and dimensions of the SS runes....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

From what I've read the cracking is common on the Vulkan fibre helmets. Yea, I'm having the same problem, not 100%.

?

Arrr, so it should be all perfectly aligned /

Errr....'just done some digging.......it IS the helmet I saw sold on Thursday (£1,800) so I'm a tad confused as it's now on a Timed Auction from the same company....

'Still learning.......

MAP
    ?

Quote by marky View Post
    Arrr, so it should be all perfectly aligned /
    Well the SS runes posted here look like they are trying to be Pochers. The bottom tip of the SS runes decal also appears too round. (Is this the ubiquitous "round bottom fake"?)

Always wait for more opinions. I could be 100% wrong I'm still learning but do based on comparing to other original examples. Not hard to do. Just look at the examples post on the forum and compare for your self. Let us know what your views are.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

SS rune is a repro, so is the Nat. shield. Helmet looks to have been post war repainted

Quote by MAP View Post
    Well the SS runes posted here look like they are trying to be Pochers. The bottom tip of the SS runes decal also appears too round. (Is this the ubiquitous "round bottom fake"?)
    But the shield breaks are not sharp enough to be a Pocher i think, but are not quite curved enough to be EF?
    I reckon Dave, Jim, Leon, Frank, Dan et all will have an opinion soon enough...
    Nick

EDIT: Very soon as it happens, even before i could click on 'Submit Post'!

The rune decal on here is an outright fake. The only rune decal that would have been applied to this is a Pocher, or a "Fat Rune". Since it is not a Pocher, Fat Rune decaled helmets are extremely rare & only a few known examples. It is neither. The Nat. shield is of design I have never seen, plus the material & application is poor

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast