Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ss helmet

Article about: I had a request to post my helmets. This is the ss helmet I got along with a luft. Luft is in the same condition let me know what you guys think. Came from a very old advanced collection. I'

?

Default Ss helmet

I had a request to post my helmets. This is the ss helmet I got along with a luft. Luft is in the same condition let me know what you guys think. Came from a very old advanced collection.

I'm also looking at an rad helmet almost same condition would that be a good helmet to add? I dont know much about them. From the same collection.

Help is greatly appreciated.
    Tim

Ss helmet

Ss helmet

Ss helmet

Ss helmet

Ss helmet

Ss helmet

Ss helmet
    Last edited by MAP; 07-14-2022 at 02:37 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet
    P
    Many

Hello Tim , this is a post war repainted original shell with a fake decal. Hope you did not pay market price for it.

MAP
    ?

I agree. You can see the spill over paint on the liner band.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Ok thanks, I would like a few more opinions as well. It came from a very advanced collection and the collector was extremely knowledgeable. He collected his entire life and so far everything has been correct and absolutely mint. I really appreciate the help. Hopefully I get some more opinions as well.

Schwerpunkt is advanced as it gets ...but there are others as well having that same knowledge including Michael..there will be others who will also chime in and tell you the same thing.

No disrepsect ...but if a collection is called advanced,,.. expectations of that collection will show itself true.
    You have every right to ask for more opinions.
    You are welcome here and as you said..you are new at this..and we are here to teach.

Wait for more comments

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    Ok thanks, I would like a few more opinions as well. It came from a very advanced collection and the collector was extremely knowledgeable. He collected his entire life and so far everything has been correct and absolutely mint. I really appreciate the help. Hopefully I get some more opinions as well.
    Certainly. Please wait for more opinions. Here or elsewhere. But the answer should be the same.

I will say though that Frank is very well versed in these helmets. See his website

German Helmet Vault – Collecting German WW2 helmets

And beyond my own opinion of the decal being bad and the helmet repainted, I have also spoken to two extremely advanced Helmet experts who have also confirmed that the decal is bad.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I agree.

?

Ok. I really appreciate the advice. I will keep reading the posts just really surprises me. His collection is amazing. I have been looking at that helmet for 43 years lol. Guess I better post the luftwaffe I have.

Thanks

MAP
    ?

Ok. I really appreciate the advice. I will keep reading the posts just really surprises me. His collection is amazing. I have been looking at that helmet for 43 years lol. Guess I better post the luftwaffe I have.

Thanks
    Even advanced collections have "duds". Not uncommon.

I will say that while not impossible, I have yet to see an 80 year old helmet is this pristine level of condition. Even an unissued, untouched original example will have built up some aging and patina.

Thanks
    Hello Tim , giant leaps have been made with regard to knowledge on German helmets the last 18 years. Before that fakes were less easy to detect. We now know CKL used 1 SS decal style and one other could be on there depot or field applied and your decal is none of the 2.
    Also the paintjob has the wrong color.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast