Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet cover real or fake?

Article about: I recently just purchased this helmet cover and I was told some notable collectors had verified but the hooks on it have me worried about it's originality as well the elastic they are attach

Default SS helmet cover real or fake?

SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?
    I recently just purchased this helmet cover and I was told some notable collectors had verified but the hooks on it have me worried about it's originality as well the elastic they are attached with. I was told it was a late war pattern cover. I would appreciate any help with this and can attach more pictures if needed.
    Last edited by chancho117; 05-09-2022 at 01:08 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet cover real or fake?
    P
    Many

Hi Chancho ....I have moved your thread to the steel helmet forum for further review ...and someone here will be able to give you the answers you are seeking.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

IMO, this is a reproduction.
    They never used elastics, only springs, and even the poor fakes have more original looking clips.
    The stitches are from the wrong style of sewing machine. The foliage loops are made incorrectly.

I believe whoever told you this was a "late war" example, either have not studied these, or they are not telling you the truth.
    From these photos, it appears that the material is incorrect. The best material that fakers have found to use, is original zeltbahns.
    I will include a couple photos of my SS zetlbahn for reference.
    Ralph.

And the clips should always look like this.
    (Borrowed from WAF)

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Yeah. I would seek a refund.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you for settling this, I was overeager when I bought it. He said the owner of a well known militaria site said told him it all original. I'm just not sure how to go about asking for a refund or if he'll even give me one if anyone can give advice about how to go forward.

Do you have any advice about how I should seek a refund from the seller? Should I just say I had it looked and was told it was a reproduction?

(Accidentally double replied and I don't know how to delete a reply)

MAP
    ?

Any reputable dealer should be willing to take refunds and stand by their product. You can always point him to this thread.

This is no known pattern of helmet cover. It would be interesting to hear who this dealer is who vetted it.

I've seen original SS helmet cover selling between $5k to $8k.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I know of two originals for sale right now, one for $5500. and one for $6500.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, not even a good reproduction. This one below is real

SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?SS helmet cover real or fake?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast