Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Helmet ET66 1283 review

Article about: Hi All, I purchased a new Helmet. What do you think? Is the decal fake or original?

Just my personal opinion, but it's a very risky undertaking to buy an SS Helmet without
    making sure that it's a good one first...I hope you get good news from Schwerpunkt, as he's among the most knowledgeable Stahlhelm Collectors out there...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet ET66 1283 review
    P
    Many

Hi Glenn, thanks for your reply. Fingers crossed
    We Will see where it is going to end

MAP
    ?

Not one I'm very comfortable with. But agree, better photos will confirm.

I also do not like the condition of the decal in comparison to the rest of the helmet. They don't match up in my opinion.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Today I will try to make high quality pics. What is the max size I can upload for each pic?

Gr Stef

MAP
    ?

Not sure what the max size allowed is, but the minimum should be no less than 800x600. But preferably larger

Posting and Conduct Rules - Steel Helmet Forum

The important thing is clarity. Nice "straight on" & close up photos that can be expanded.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Don't know if it is a problem at my end but I cannot see any of the additional pictures at all?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Don't know if it is a problem at my end but I cannot see any of the additional pictures at all?
    They were attached to the first post rather than to subsequent posts in the thread, and doing that always leads to confusion. The first pictures posted were the ones with the black margins top and bottom.

Cheers,
    Steve

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    They were attached to the first post rather than to subsequent posts in the thread, and doing that always leads to confusion. The first pictures posted were the ones with the black margins top and bottom.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, yes I see that now. Not helpful at all when the the subsequent posts refer to pics they don't contain!

I'm not at all sure about the decals either.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thankyou Stef for being patient and providing greater photos...it is very critical that these requests be made for authentication and we do appreciate your efforts.

Best photos will give you the best answers.
    German helmets are highly messed with to make them sometimes to become what they never were....and it could cost thousands of dollars with one wrong detail.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Larry, hopefully tomorrow I can upload the better quality pics. Tuesday I see a friend who collects more than 40 years of militaria and he will take a look at the helmet. Fingers crossed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast