Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet SD

Article about: Hi Would anyone be able to tell me if the helmet decal looks ok? Thanks Will

?

Default SS helmet SD

Hi

Would anyone be able to tell me if the helmet decal looks ok?

SS helmet SDSS helmet SDSS helmet SDSS helmet SDSS helmet SDSS helmet SDSS helmet SDSS helmet SDSS helmet SD

Thanks Will

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet SD
    P
    Many

Hi, If thats trying to be a Quist decal I don't like it, the runes are to pointed for my liking.

Overcleaned original IMO.

Note how the helmet looks better in the 2nd than in thr 4th pic when it was cleaned/oiled, awful.

Hi, well some of the "points" to the runes are sharp and others blunt ( that's a good sign on a Quist decal ), also the runes positioning looks correct, so as it stands I would say a good original. Leon.

?

If this is a fake, it's a damn good one! I would need to put a loop on it to give you a 100%, but I like the decal from what I can see... I also take into consideration "where" it is coming from, etc..... That also helps me make a call on a helmet... I feel like I have seen this one before.....

All that said - one of the only concerns I have is the "fresh" paint where the decal has been chipped... That seems a bit odd, unless this happened recently?...

Would love to hear "Helmet2ID's" opinion on this one....

Sorry guys, I disagree with the consensus here. The first thing I clocked was the pointed runes, I see no rounded tips. I have not seen an authentic m40 Quist decal with pointed runes like this one. The more I look at it, I am not keen on the wear on the decal either. Can't find any authentic pics of this type of decal. Apart from that the helmet looks fine! IMO.

?

They are making some damn good ones today... Hence this "Q" here..... From what I see, the OP and this picture do not match... Like I said - the only way I can ever give a 100% is to have in hand and loop the damn thing these days...
    SS helmet SD

?

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Sorry guys, I disagree with the consensus here. The first thing I clocked was the pointed runes, I see no rounded tips. I have not seen an authentic m40 Quist decal with pointed runes like this one. The more I look at it, I am not keen on the wear on the decal either. Can't find any authentic pics of this type of decal. Apart from that the helmet looks fine! IMO.
    And I do see your "point with the points." Techniques for making these back then does not support super sharp "points."

?

This helmet is in my possession. I bought it 4 years ago and after I posted him here, it turned out to be a high end fake decal. Read next link:

Ss sd m40 q64

Btw... I am not the one that is selling this helmet!!!

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    This helmet is in my possession. I bought it 4 years ago and after I posted him here, it turned out to be a high end fake decal. Read next link:

Ss sd m40 q64

Btw... I am not the one that is selling this helmet!!!
    I'm getting my eye's tested!! I took a ton of flack arguing that this was a fake one four years ago and now all those years later it would have fooled me! Well done Blackdog, I should have paid it closer attention/inspection. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast