Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS M35 Helmet Shell

Article about: Hello all, I got this M35 SS Helmet from a friend of mine today. We are both not 100% sure of it being a legit SS helmet, but it does appear to be very convincing. The decal appears correct

MAP
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    I can't tell either what went on here. The condition is too far gone to come to a conclusion. It's all very distracting to look at. Maybe a candidate for a microscopic look.
    D.
    I think that is the only solution
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M35 Helmet Shell
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    I think that is the only solution
    Can take a look at it closer, what specifically should I be looking for though on the decal?

MAP
    ?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Can take a look at it closer, what specifically should I be looking for though on the decal?
    David is referring to using a USB microscope on the decal. Up to 100x magnification. That will usually always tell (with experienced eyes) if a decal is real or fake.

Amazon.com: Jiusion 40 to 1000x Magnification Endoscope, 8 LED USB 2.0 Digital Microscope, Mini Camera with OTG Adapter and Metal Stand, Compatible with Mac Window 7 8 10 Android Linux: Camera & Photo
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks, I’ll go ahead and get one of those haha should be helpful in the long run

For me personally (albeit with my limited experience) I am somewhat doubtful on this one.
    I've posted the decal below alongside a Pocher (click to enlarge).
    The sharpness to the edge of the runes (particularly seen on the right rune) doesn't look right.
    And the scratches look a little contrived.

I hope for you that I am wrong though!
    USB microscope is not too expensive and it will be great to see what you find.
    Nick

SS M35 Helmet Shell
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 11-25-2018 at 10:36 AM. Reason: typo

Jan
    ?

Doesn´t this area look different on the two decals? Just asking and attempting to learn

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M35 Helmet Shell  

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    For me personally (albeit with my limited experience) I am somewhat doubtful on this one.
    I've posted the decal below alongside a Pocher (click to enlarge).
    The sharpness to the edge of the runes (particularly seen on the right rune) doesn't look right.
    And the scratches look a little contrived.

I hope for you that I am wrong though!
    USB microscope is not too expensive and it will be great to see what you find.
    Nick

SS M35 Helmet Shell
    I agree , I don't like what I am seeing considering the Pocher 'look' this decal has. Looks off to an Original. Very odd wear and wear signs.
    The USB microscope is great but one needs a lot of experience with it to be able to 'see' and identify what you are seeing. Even the microscope verdict can remain inconclusive.
    It's like you are not an astronomer when you just buy a telescope.

Still trying to figure this microscope out but here are a few pictures; Will try to upload some better quality ones here in a bit

SS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet Shell

A few more, please let me know if better pictures or different areas of the decal are needed

SS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet ShellSS M35 Helmet Shell

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast