Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS M40 from Belgium

Article about: by talltom haha i think ive worked it out is it the very corner of the rune at the bend in the shape (highlighted bit) Attachment 288012 am i close?? Correct! That's what Doug is referring t

?

Default Re: SS M40 from Belgium

Quote by talltom View Post
    haha i think ive worked it out is it the very corner of the rune at the bend in the shape (highlighted bit)

Attachment 288012
    am i close??
    Correct! That's what Doug is referring to.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 from Belgium
    P
    Many

?

Yes Wayne (et al) the break is the intersection of where the shield stops going vertical and bends inward to the pointy tip. On Q, Pocher and NS/SE decals the break is "hard" ( its a clear intersection/bend) and on ET and EF decals the break is "soft" - there is no clear intersection the decal just bends softly from horizontal to the pointy tip. This is a critical point of reference on all SS decals in relation to the runes position and is a critical area of study on SS decals. I have some concerns on yours Wayne with the better photos, the runes appear to be well above the break, which should never happen on a Pocher style decal (or any of the ones mentioned for that matter)
    Doug

?

Wayne i believe that this has been discussed elsewhere and the conclusion is that the decal is a fake which i think is what the conclusion is here as well !!

It may explain the cheap price that you paid, bargains are few and far between in this game i'm afraid !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

i'd like to know aswel lol...i posted this over on the Waf and they said its a post war added decal my pics are crap but it looks good in hand but i'm no expert on ss..
    Wayne

erm paul i've had a LOT of good deals due to the current cashflow of many collectors..i'm very lucky to have a steady job and steady income ..This was tossed in as a freebie so the reason that it may or may not have a post war applied decal doesn't concern me that much..and as for your words of wisdom i'm no newbie granted i'm not as clued up as some fellow colllector's the 2 FJ i got for less than $400 so i'm not that much of a newbie..i speak the truth and often get shot down in flames for doing it...

?

Wayne i never suggested you were a newbie ( i hate that word ) but even if you were the post was for anyone who would read it that bargains are few and far between and quite oftem mean that an item is in fact fake as it is in this case.

As this helmet was tossed in as "freebie" when it normally would be worth at least couple of hundred itself then at least to find out out it isn't the real deal isn't too painful.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3