MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

SS m40 helmet?

Article about: Hello guys, I've been looking for a long time to buy an ss helmet but it is extremely difficult to find one which is original ,so because I would not like to spend money on a copy I would li

Default SS m40 helmet?

Hello guys,
    I've been looking for a long time to buy an ss helmet but it is extremely difficult to find one which is original ,so because I would not like to spend money on a copy I would like your opinion first,(my instinct tells me it's not original).
    Thank you!

SS m40 helmet? SS m40 helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS m40 helmet?
    P
    Many

Leather looks good, zinc liner band is correct. M40 Q64 DN105 there is the same lot number to another SS listed in the "book"
    Decal looks like a Quist one to me ......( sharp breaks on shield / runes below break )

Others will correct me if I'm wrong so wait for them.. but I say OK
    Last edited by Danmark; 02-27-2021 at 05:25 AM.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I am not a fan of the decal , the left rune does not sit in the right position to the break.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I am not a fan of the decal , the left rune does not sit in the right position to the break.
    Is it too close to the border?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Alongside another Quist SS decal below. The wear seems somewhat contrived to me, but the decal would have fooled me.

Schwerpunkt has seen a few of these, so if there is doubt then why not wait until another helmet comes along which you are certain of.
    It's a big investment too.

Nick

SS m40 helmet?

In direct comparison i also see some problems, especially on the edges, as they are way sharper on the decal here, then on the original. But it seems like the Fake Decals, if this is indeed one, are sadly improving...

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Is it too close to the border?
    yes