Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS M40 possible matched docs.

Article about: Well I finally went ahead & had the documents sent to me for my named SS helmet. I held off because I was told the info (if matching) is minimal. But for a small fee, I had it done. Seem

Well worth spending those dollars David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M40 possible matched docs.
    P
    Many

Excellent David, i see no reason to doubt that this is an originally named helmet and that it is indeed the officer that has been identified. A fine helmet without the naming, but with it, just that bit more interesting. Leon.

This helmet just got better (which didn't seem possible!). Not like the usual names which we see written in large white letters on the inside of the skirt. IMO this is definitely a period applied name.
    I know you briefly considered that other SS helmet, but with this I think you made the right decision to pass on it.
    Nick

?

Incredible cool, as said a fantastic helmet got even better!!
    Very well spent dollars!

Top piece , I had a US navy helmet researched and I am glad I did.

CBH
    ?

Another Beautiful helmet David, probably worth at least as much as an entry level Muscle Car, but much more desirable in my eyes.
    Thanks for sharing.

A mint helmet David. The extra information gives much more context to the helmet and simply adds another dimension. I wonder what became of him after the war?

I hope to purchase more named lids if can simply for the opportunity to be able to do some research into the original owner where possible.

Real Steel, Would it be apropreate to ask you for a contact number or e-mail to this seach records man? I have a named M35 I need checked out. Might be hard though as the lot number is covered in old blood. Thankyou.

Quote by wild bill View Post
    Real Steel, Would it be apropreate to ask you for a contact number or e-mail to this seach records man? I have a named M35 I need checked out. Might be hard though as the lot number is covered in old blood. Thankyou.
    The lot# is irrelevant. What is needed is a name (preferably an officer), first & last & must be an SS member. The SS archives are really only somewhat accurate if it's an officer. EM & NCO the data is not readily available I was told.
    D.

Dav
    ?

From the time I've been browsing this forum that's one of the nicest SS m40's I've seen. And to have the paperwork on the guy who owned it just makes it better! Who did you contact for paperwork regarding the solider? as I have a Gas Mask Canister with a name label. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast