Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?

Article about: Hi Everyone, I recently bought out a large collection and this SS Helmet was in it. I was drawn to the the camo. Just wondering what you all think.

Default SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?

Hi Everyone,
    I recently bought out a large collection and this SS Helmet was in it. I was drawn to the the camo. Just wondering what you all think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?   SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?  

SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?   SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?  

SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?   SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?  

SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 from a Collection What do you all Think?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

It's late so be patient

I'm only on my cell phone now so can't provide any valued insight until tomorrow but have early reservations about the decal

Hopefully others respond in the meantime
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well its an EF M42 and on these ( if I read Frank's website correctly ) mainly EF style runes were used ( which these look like ) so that's a start....

More than that & I'm way out of my depth!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Decal and camo are not good.

Literally stared at M42 ET and EF SS decal variants on The German Helmet Vault trying to be of help and learn and let me tell you that there is a Lot of learning ahead of me for SS decals lol!

Looks like one of the "refurbished" camo helmets produced by IMA (International Military Antiques), see their website,

The wear is completely contrived and looks like someone has put a bicycle chain in a sock and smashed it down on the helmet. Like a lot of fakes the wear is way overdone and missing in the key places you would actually expect to see it. Such a shame to see what may have started as nice original SD or ND M42 now ruined!

It has already been said by others, but the decal is a one look fake. Therefore the camo is fake too.
    Sorry for the bad news - hopefully some of the other items in the collection are good.
    nick

Yeah nothing good about that camo nor the decal, looks pretty rubbed, too.
    The ink stamp in the liner has also been redone, with what looks like a sharpie or something
    Otherwise I'd say the interior is fine, just the outside was ruined.
    Luis