Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for review

Article about: This helmet is described by the vendor as CKL60 Lot 2338 I would like to understand if it has a genuine reason to be wearing a SS decal, the number appears on Helmet vault . All comments gra

Default SS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for review

This helmet is described by the vendor as CKL60 Lot 2338

I would like to understand if it has a genuine reason to be wearing a SS decal, the number appears on Helmet vault .

All comments gratefully received ,the pictures are the vendors and i do not have access to any more

Thanks ColinSS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for reviewSS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for reviewSS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for reviewSS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for reviewSS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for review
    Last edited by MAP; 12-06-2022 at 04:30 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS M42 Helmet CKL60 Lot 2338 for review
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Do you have larger photos? These can not be expanded.

A straight on photo of the Decal would be needed as well.

Here are a few of the basic requirements

Photos/Information Requirements:
    Picture size: 800x600 minimum.
    Photo quality: Photos need to be clear enough to be evaluated and should be able to be expanded for proper analysis.
    Photo types: We need to see ALL aspects of a helmet. One photo cannot tell the whole story.
    - Front, sides, top and back
    - Clear "straight on" photos of the decals
    - Liner and Chinstrap
    - Closeups of any distinguishing features such as personalizations, camo, chinstrap markings.
    - Lot Number and Maker is required if visible.

From what I can see, this looks like a Pocher decal (real or fake I can not tell). I would expect to see an ET decal.

Not too sure about the liner as well. Can we get better photos of the liner too?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

What MAP said. Poor photos = poor feedback. If the seller is not willing to provide larger photos and a straight on shot of the decal, then walk away.

Not a fan of the liner, what little I can make out from the poor photos.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

I've changed the title of the thread to better represent the topic.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Based on the lot number this helmet would have a decal but not this one as it represents a fake Pocher , everything apart from the shell is bad. Paint , liner , chinstrap.
    What is the seller asking for it ?

Even with the small photos - the decal immediately looks bad to me. With Pocher decal on M42 - you want to be very cautious anyway.

Well done for posting before you brought, only the shell looks to be authentic from those poor pics.