Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

Article about: the stamp is faint cant make out the size Q6? and it has had second decal ,what do you think guys thanks

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I know what I have on my website thank you , it just does not look like an EF decal to me.
    The shape that is. They are very distinctive from where the break goes to the bottom point.
    Maybe if you can post an upright photo it will be more helpful. The lower part where the traits of the EF runes are have a lot of damage so it can distort the opinion .
    Cant seem to get it upright but the first picture shows clearly that it an Ef decal and this has been verified already by others elsewhere

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Ok.

Here are side by sides of your decal and a Pocher. Maybe due to the damage, I am miss reading it all but from what I can see I still say it is a Pocher. The breaks and alignment are similar.

SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmetSS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

An EF Decal (note that the bottom of the runes are well BELOW the rounded break. Unlike the one you posted)

A Q decal

And an ET decal as you quote in post #16 that "the rune shape is more Et " Clearly a completely different decal

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Ok.

Here are side by sides of your decal and a Pocher. Maybe due to the damage, I am miss reading it all but from what I can see I still say it is a Pocher. The breaks and alignment are similar.

SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmetSS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

An EF Decal (note that the bottom of the runes are well BELOW the rounded break. Unlike the one you posted)

A Q decal

And an ET decal as you quote in post #16 that "the rune shape is more Et " Clearly a completely different decal

thank you for the answer as this helmet is a depot reissue pocher decal is a good match,it has had second decal removed and painted its hard to see from the pictures

MAP
    ?

I suspect it could be a depot repaint but from the photos I can't see.

I still also can not confirm if the liner is not replaced. It does not match the exterior wear with is very odd

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Do you have any chance to post a straight close up ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I suspect it could be a depot repaint but from the photos I can't see.

I still also can not confirm if the liner is not replaced. It does not match the exterior wear with is very odd
    theres a factory textured paint and second layer of bit different shade of textured green on top, liner band is dated 1940 made by schuberth werk ,the leather is in good condition somebody has used leather product on the leather parts sometime , helmet has been in finnish collections at least last 30 years that i know likely longer i have seen many similar helmets that have good inner parts and outer is weathered and damaged,the damage on this helmet looks like rock and debris hits witch have chipped the thick paint.helmet is from the ss troops that served in finland or its a finnish volunteer helmet that all thats known of the history

Quote by sysyphus View Post
    Do you have any chance to post a straight close up ?
    i dont know why i cant get upright pictures here always vertical lets try again SS Quist m40 ex double decal helmet

MAP
    ?

As I've said from the beginning, I still say it's a Pocher. The runes are not low enough to be an EF IMHO.

Decal for sure resembles a Pocher.
    However i can't make it out really from these pics whether original or not. the look (some traits) of the edges puzzles me

MAP
    ?

Quote by sysyphus View Post
    Decal for sure resembles a Pocher.
    However i can't make it out really from these pics whether original or not. the look (some traits) of the edges puzzles me
    The edges of the Runes or the border. I've looked at this one over and over and haven't seen any real red flags, but certainly you are extremely more well versed than I so I will defer to your expertise.

My concerns are more with the overall helmet. One that I really can't make up my mind on. The green paint on the liner band is also a concern. Not sure why it is there and no where else. Unless of course it is just heavy patina and not paint.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast