Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Steel helmets found in the bunker

Article about: I found some pictures in my computer, there a SS helmets which was found in the german bunker in the area of Demyansk pocket, Totenkopf or Danmark

?

Default SS Steel helmets found in the bunker

I found some pictures in my computer, there a SS helmets which was found in the german bunker in the area of Demyansk pocket, Totenkopf or Danmark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Steel helmets found in the bunker   SS Steel helmets found in the bunker  

SS Steel helmets found in the bunker   SS Steel helmets found in the bunker  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Steel helmets found in the bunker  SS Steel helmets found in the bunker  SS Steel helmets found in the bunker 
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Steel helmets found in the bunker
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Steel helmets found in the bunker

Wow... amazing helmets... nice finds mate!

Fantastic Dimas...thanks

It always amazes me how these decals stand up to being mis treated for decades,immersed in water, and mud............. and some people just won't believe their decal is fake when you can scratch it off with your fingernail

?

I would tell the story, that was approx 15 years ago, I found white washed helmet in the bunker, and put it to the water approx 35 grad celcium warm, with mixed soap, to clean from clay. Condition was excellent, but decal has some scratches and was about 60 percent present, over a couple hours I've remove helmet and wash it with brush- I was wondered that the decal is in excellent condition- after that I found another one which was reapplied and was removed due of the wash paint under the decal was dissolved and gone from the helmet by warm water....
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

one more
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Steel helmets found in the bunker  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

As you can see, the last decal is damaged, and the second visible is underneath, due of that it makes that effect. After the helmet was dried, most part of the last decal was gone and the second layer was better than you can see on the picture
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I've bought about 10 from 28 pieces, and that is the pictures made after they was found for about 1 hour later. The guy who found is just dig for $. As you can see on the last picture, the darker silver field is the decal which is underneath.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

And I 've owned them, don't worry about them, I understand something in that area
    Regards,
    Dimas

I see... so the other decal shows through on the left side and giving an enlarged image! I think its probably one of those things better seen in the flesh
    Dan
    Nice helmets guys

Hi Phil, double click on the close up pic of the decal. Then click on it again to enlarge it a bit more. I think you will then see the damage to the top decal which is allowing the bottom one to show through making it appear like one fat oversized rune.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast