Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!

Article about: Hi, I have a SS winter helmet which looks real, may someone help me out!

?

Exclamation SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!

Hi, I have a SS winter helmet which looks real, may someone help me out!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!   SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!  

SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!   SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!  

SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!   SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Winter helmet Real or fake please help!
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome.

Sorry to say, one I do not like. Can you please tell us the maker and Lot number? Is this visible under the white paint?

Not one I'm comfortable with.

Looks like a repro leather liner. White camo looks to be the typical aged fake paint with "tool" marks scratches.

I can not get a good view of the decals (we need close up straight on photos). But from what I can see, I do not like them so far, I think it is trying to be an EF style.

Did someone take the liner band out of the helmet?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks like it was painted then flailed with barbed wire, then left out in the weather to age it.... I'm with MAP
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks a lot, these aren’t mine though. I was planning to buy it from a polish guy. I’ll ask him those things. Thanks again for letting me know!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anvar View Post
    Thanks a lot, these aren’t mine though. I was planning to buy it from a polish guy. I’ll ask him those things. Thanks again for letting me know!
    While we do not discuss "price" on the forum, a true DD SS "winter" camo will cost over $10K

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

***** ******, well I hope it is real
    Last edited by MAP; 12-24-2021 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Language

MAP
    ?

Quote by Anvar View Post
    ***** ******, well I hope it is real
    My point is that, the price of a rare and highly desirable helmet will often tip you off. I'm assuming that the sale price of this helmet is no where near that.

Agree with Michael and Dan. Too many tool marks, the liner looks too clean for a services used helmet and doesn’t look real. The liner band looks like it has been scrubbed lightly with an abrasive and what’s the point of trying to camo a helmet for white surroundings and leaving the party shield so visible against the white wash. None of it seems logical.

Andy

Without a doubt in my mind it’s a restored helmet, the obvious tooling marks, all the new rust and the liner is coated in the white spray paint.

Looks Real ! really really bad that is. Top to bottom very poor aged repro.

Morris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast