Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts please on these decals

Article about: Hi all My apologies for the quality of the pics , what are your thought on these decal Thanks for taking the time to look Mark

Default Thoughts please on these decals

Hi all
    My apologies for the quality of the pics , what are your thought on these decal
    Thanks for taking the time to look
    MarkThoughts please on these decalsThoughts please on these decals

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts please on these decals
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Mark,

Before we look at the decal, let's take a step back and look at the whole helmet (unfortunately there is not a photo of the whole helmet inside and out).

That said.....we are looking at what looks like an M16/18 or commercial style helmet. From these photos it looks like the helmet has pitting. So right from there I would pass on this helmet.

As far as the decal. Looks like it is trying to be a pre-war "fat ruin" example to my eyes. A type I have zero experience on. So best wait for others. But graphically it looks all wrong. Was also thinking the "Austrian" pattern, again, one I'm not familiar with but here again, there are differences.

That said, I'm not optimistic, especially if in fact these are placed over a pitted helmet.

More photos please!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Can we see the rest of the helmet please?

Default Thoughts please on these decals

Good evening all
    Interested to hear your thoughts on these decals
    Thanks for looking
    Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts please on these decals   Thoughts please on these decals  

My apologies for the poor pics I'm not trying to be clever with these pics they are from a local auction
    Hope these help
    Regards mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts please on these decals   Thoughts please on these decals  

Thoughts please on these decals  

MAP
    ?

No worries Mark.

Sometimes (often times) the whole helmet really tells the story.

In this case. In my opinion it is pretty straight forward, especially with these new photos (which are still very poor quality)

So the whole helmet theory

1) It has a re-enforced aluminum liner band and what looks to be a fake liner (I don't recognize that size marking) and a new liner string. In an early helmet I would expect a single band aluminum liner band and an embossed leather liner
    2) The strap is of the early style but looks new and artificially aged (black shoe polish??)
    3) The helmet, as noted looks to be heavily pitted, sanded and then repainted.

And that is before we even look at the decals.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Once again thankyou it's great to get this feedback , I may have a realy nice M42 police combat soon from a good recommended dealer I will share it if I'm lucky enough to buy it
    Thanks again and all the best
    Mark

MAP
    ?

These of course are just my views. Others may disagree. So always wait for multiple opinions.

Not many will disagree with you Mike, the decals are bad.

MAP
    ?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Not many will disagree with you Mike, the decals are bad.
    Just being polite

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast