Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover

Article about: So, my 50th birthday present to myself has arrived. Another of my bucket list items has now been crossed off. Just a couple dozen more items to go. Took a while to pay it down. But the selle

MAP
    ?

Default Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover

So, my 50th birthday present to myself has arrived. Another of my bucket list items has now been crossed off. Just a couple dozen more items to go.

Took a while to pay it down. But the seller of these was great to deal with. Very helpful.

This is the 2nd Pattern (with foliage loops). Late war. Size 64 (although it fits much better on my 62).

For those of you who remember these covers were part of the 2014/15 "horde" find that was shown at the SOS in 2015. These were found in an outbuilding of an old factory in Bavaria in wood crates. The factory did not produce these so a bit of a mystery of how they wound up there.

A nice long thread on these over at WAF. Can post if anyone is interested.

All pictures are from the seller (I've been away and haven't been able to take my own pictures).

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Michael

Waffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet CoverWaffen SS Camo Helmet Cover
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Camo Helmet Cover
    P
    Many

?

Great condition and an awesome Bday present Mike!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Thanks Phil. 50 comes just once. I hinted to the wife but she didn't bite.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I saw these at the SOS in 2015. Amazing find! You are fortunate to have one. I'm still waiting on my lottery tickets to hit...

MAP
    ?

Quote by M422A1 View Post
    I saw these at the SOS in 2015. Amazing find! You are fortunate to have one. I'm still waiting on my lottery tickets to hit...
    Thanks. Yes. I am fortunate. I never would have been able to justify getting one otherwise. And even then it took me many many months and holding off on buying other items and packing my own lunch!

Lucky you however to see them at the SOS. What was the reaction like when they were displayed? I've seen pictures of a dozen or so in the glass case. Amazing.

Michael

I love this camo pattern. Congrats on your pick up,
    and your milestone B-Day, Mike.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Im a tad ignorant when it comes to SS, but this is a sexy piece for my old eyes.

Fabulous! Congrats

One of those beauties is top of my list !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys! I'll try to take my own pictures with a more neutral background if I can find time this weekend.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks. Yes. I am fortunate. I never would have been able to justify getting one otherwise. And even then it took me many many months and holding off on buying other items and packing my own lunch!

Lucky you however to see them at the SOS. What was the reaction like when they were displayed? I've seen pictures of a dozen or so in the glass case. Amazing.

Michael
    Actually, when I saw that many unissued SS helmet covers together, I assumed they were reproductions. I just couldn't understand why repros were locked away in a glass case! Then I found out they were real. It wasn't until I got back on this forum that I found out the whole story behind them. I feel lucky to have stood two feet away from that many original SS helmet covers!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast