Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Wss m-42 ef62

Article about: Opinions on this WSS helmet M-42 EF62, nice condition, decal 90%. Lot no appears to be 711, hard to see

?

Default Wss m-42 ef62

Opinions on this WSS helmet M-42 EF62, nice condition, decal 90%. Lot no appears to be 711, hard to see
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wss m-42 ef62  
    Attached Images Attached Images Wss m-42 ef62  Wss m-42 ef62 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wss m-42 ef62
    P
    Many

May have been repainted post war and maybe bad decal but I'm not 100% sure wait for more comments.

MAP
    ?

The two smaller photos can not be enlarged.

The Lot number is probably incorrect for an M42 EF. Might be missing a number. Or your sure it is EF and not ET?

If it is an EF, you have an ET "style" decal on an EF helmet. Not unheard of but from what I can see I do not like this decal. While ET decals did not have a very sharp break on the black border like other decals, this example appears to have no break. Also the runes seem to sit a little low. But the photo is grainy when I try to expand it. Happy to be corrected.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not for me either. Suspect the shell has been refurbished and used for reenactment. It's down to you to decide whether it is or isn't correct though. PY.

Looking at that split pin it almost looks like a Luftwaffe blue, can you upload a decal photo that can be enlarged

I also agree with Michael on the decal.

Dr Bill already posted it on WaF a week ago , same crap pics. No follow up on the topic.
    Seems like a new internet disease to keep us busy.
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

No metallic looking element to to this ET style decal + a touch of a round bottom. For me it is a no, alongside that the paintwork is over many already existing chips. Not impossible that the lid had a period over paint but with the decal problem? Mmmm!!
    Leon.

?

Purchased from SS Steel Militaria, Kelly Hicks. All reviews on WAF were positive. I apologize for bad pics. It is still on SS Steel site.

MAP
    ?

I'll take a look at Kelly's site later on tonight. For me it comes down to the photos. The decal photo in this thread was postage stamp size and thus needed to expand the other photo to the point that it loses its clarity.

Edit: just looked at the WAF Link. The decal photo there is much better. I can now see the slight break. Just goes to show how important good photos are.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by drbill View Post
    Purchased from SS Steel Militaria, Kelly Hicks. All reviews on WAF were positive. I apologize for bad pics. It is still on SS Steel site.
    Well that will clear it up a touch then! Bad pics never make for a good outcome! Leon

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast