Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.

Article about: Hey Gents ..I wanted to post this combo which was something I obtained many years ago and wanted to share it here. I bought these separately and a question I have for the collectors here and

Default 1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.

Hey Gents ..I wanted to post this combo which was something I obtained many years ago and wanted to share it here.

I bought these separately and a question I have for the collectors here and especially Aldo

I have seen many Jawless combinations with the 1929 style cap eagle ...my question would this jawless version been used on an SS cap? ...and yes the prongs are missing on the skull.
    This appears to be not what is most frequently seen and this one " appears " to be just a C`H` larger.
    Your thoughts Gents and the C`H` is a modern unit of measure among men.

Regards Larry

1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.
    1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.
    P
    Many

?

Hello Larry, the answer is yes. Here are a few posted by F-B of SS caps with this type of skull. The bad news is that I believe the skull you posted may be a cast copy. I posted three of mine to compare the front and backs on these. Particularly the reverse on yours shows thick edges and extra material indicative of a mold. Perhaps I'm wrong but more detailed photo's of the TK may help.

Regards, Al

1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.1929 style cap eagle and Jawless skull combination.

?

This is a cast copy of this type of skull I bought for reference and comparisons to my authentic examples. Yours is very similar to this one. It has very thick features in the sutures, eye orbits and nasal cavity. Real die stamped skulls have even clean sheered lines. Thick edges on the reverse as stated, and similar rough finish on the back as well

Copy compared with yours

Copy on left

Cast copy on top

LOL..Wow that really blows things out of the water as I bought this from a renown dealer years ago as authentic before I even joined this forum. Not going to argue the fact and proof that you displayed in detail.... and is why I posted it here. Thankyou Aldo .

Well..I need to replace it so the hunt begins and will do so next time posting it here first.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Dos
    ?

The TK does unfortunately look like a cast piece. I can't comment on the eagle. This variant was worn by the SS and by the wehrmacht among which the 5th Cavalry Regiment. Probably a few more, but these period photos below show them in wear. These are not that common to find.. I only know of a set from John T. on a pair of shoulderboards that is for sale and one that is sold in Russia.. Goodluck with the hunt to get one!

-Dos

-------------- Credits: Robin Lumsden ------------------------------- Credits: Stonemint -------

And for comparison my early danziger zinc TK: (Click to enlarge)