Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Alu Danziger TK

Article about: It has been a while since i have posted any skull related items. This Danziger TK came in to my possession in the end of last year. I made a gamble with a lowball bid and got it for next to

?

Very nice. Thanks mate.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Alu Danziger TK
    P
    Many

Dos
    ?

Thank you Another Ant for your informative post. I know it's hard to determine the way alloys corrode or get worn over time. The way the aluminum spoons have pitting looks quite similar in a way, but in a more modest appearance. I'm glad that i got some thumbs up on this one!

The sales catalog from F.W. Assmann & Sohne. I have a copy of the reprint from the original catalog that was published by Reddick Enterprises in 1992, Texas. It looks to be more complete than the online version shown in the link. I got it for a few bucks online at a thrift store in NY and shipped it overseas. The SS Assmann TK "22035" is also shown in my copy but unfortunately, without any specifications. Just as the "23096" SS Eagle that you show. The book does have a translation page from a few key words in German. I did not notice this page until now, But "Leichtmetall" is translated to Aluminum. No proof of course, but with our research and physical examples more assumable.

Alu Danziger TK Alu Danziger TK
    Alu Danziger TK

I've thought about posting a few things on WAF, but have always withdrawn myself from that forum due to multiple reasons. I do read a lot on there! It's sad to see that some posts are made without any argument, explanation and or proof. I do notice that you try to save the lost ones there... but i feel like that we all need to help with that to even stand a chance.

I will pm you when i have more time this weekend @Another Ant, No problem!

@Dan, thank you for your post. Ground dug or not, it has had a rough life. We will probably never know, but we may find similar objects like Aldo and Another Ant have shown with similar corrosion.
    Last edited by Dos; 06-24-2022 at 09:19 PM.

Alu Danziger TK

wow.
    You show that in that catalog there was already Assmann's 2pattern skull, this is new for me,
    The first photographic evidence of an Assmann 2pattern that I found dates from 1940 which is when all the different 2pattern SS skull manufacturers different than Deschler enter in the game.
    It cannot really be ruled out that it is the Aluminum version since it has exaggeratedly identical similarities in terms of construction with the eagle 155/38 shown in the catalog.
    I would place this catalog at the end of 1939 or less likely in 1940.
    Does anyone know the exact year of the catalog?
    Can anyone find photographic evidence of a pre-1940 Assmann 2pattern skull?

There is always a loose piece in this puzzle.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2