Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Another danziger

Article about: Hello It amazes me how many different variations of this type of skull there is. Ive been trying to learn how to identify the good from the bad, but with these there are so many different va

?

Yes, the same as post 3, here are more to compare with it. These are all the same type. Sometimes they look different because of the angle of the photo, lighting, wear pattern, and finish. In the one you posted the sutures look more pronounced because of the shadow caused by remaing finish. The three examples I posted are devoid of any finish giving it a smooth appearance.

Another danzigerAnother danziger
    Another danzigerAnother danziger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another danziger
    P
    Many

Thanks Al. Yes the different lighting and finishes really throws me off. Do you think the one to the right of the skull being discussed is the same as the 2 below it, or another variation? It looks like its teeth are more in a frown shape whereas the 2 below seem to have a very strait tooth pattern. Or could it just be the angle of the pic?

?

Yes those three are the same, most common pattern. Looks like a frown because of the angle. When you photograph these unless they have no prongs and lay flat, they all lay slightly different creating the illusion that they are not the same. also sometimes they are bent or crushed in giving them a slightly different appearance. here are mine of this type since early last year. I probably added a few more since.

Another danziger

?

The one that interests me the most is the one below those two. Crappy and primitive looking but one of my favorite variants.

Another danziger

Credit Friedrich-Berthold, Sarge08, Robin Lumsden
    Another danzigerAnother danzigerAnother danzigerAnother danziger

Thank you so much Al. That pic really illustrates how all those same pattern skulls can look different, with different patinas and angles. Are very beautiful btw! Ive got an opportunity to purchase a couple of these, as someone is scaling down their collection. I think I'm just going to grab the one for now. Half tempted on that little rare guy just below the others but it looks a little too beat up. Thank you sir!

?

My pleasure. It is really beat up but if you want to steer it in my direction I'll add it to my other three.
    If you're only choosing one I would get the top left that started the discussion much rarer and harder to find

No problem. Im dying to find a better example of that peice myself lol.. Ive only got room in my small case for 5 or 6 more of these danzigers and I'm done! I'm not getting another case, my wife will kill me, I can stop any time, really I can lol!

Let me talk to him and see what I can get it for along with the other one

?

About three years ago I started with one Danziger..............and look where I am now. The only thing slowing me down is the insane price increases and heavy competition. Thanks, Al

Dos
    ?

Quote by Buster1 View Post
    I'm done! I'm not getting another case
    I’m sure you will.. Lmao. These little devils control our bank

Ok.. maybe 1 more small case...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast