Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another Early Skull

Article about: I just received this nice early variant skull. I've posted several of these in the past but I couldn't resist one more for the collection. This one is in good shape with both prongs and just

?

Default Another Early Skull

I just received this nice early variant skull. I've posted several of these in the past but I couldn't resist one more for the collection. This one is in good shape with both prongs and just a spattering of the original silver finish. There are several variants of this primitive looking skull including one with 2 rows of teeth. I know several members here own one so feel free to post your images. I hope you enjoy.

Another Early SkullAnother Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Another Early Skull

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another Early Skull
    P
    Many

Lol.. I had a gut feeling you picked that one up AL! Congrats, looks to be in great shape. I just purchased his other one of the same variety, should be here in a few days

?

So funny Dan. I bought this one then the next day he posted another one. I convinced myself that I didn't need the second one. I instantly regretted not buying it when it sold the next day. I am glad you got it though. These skulls are pretty rare and are usually in poor condition because they predate WWII. I remember when I first saw a photo of this skull on an old SS cap posted by F-B I was determined to find one. Now it seems that they are all over the place because of the exposure they got on the forum.

Here are the website photo's of yours and mine side by side

Another Early Skull
    Regards, Al

?

You can see the flecks of paint peeling off the metal in this closeup picture. It resembles my Overhoff peeling finish when you zoom in on the pics.

Another Early Skull
    Another Early Skull
    Another Early Skull
    Regards, Al

Yes, I remember reading those old post of your interest in that skull type. It seemed almost impossible to find one, now a couple years later you've got a nice little grouping. This is my 3rd now, and the prices have certainly gone up. I'll post my trio when the new one arrives. It seems for me there are still 3 or 4 more varieties that constantly elude me, I just don't search as often as I used to, and they seem to be the rarest of the rare

?

Gentlemen, it is known which firm made these? The prestigious Assmann firm made many of the variants predating the RZM model.

?

A mystery for sure unless you find a photo of a sample board or some obscure documentation of production.
    Regards, Al