Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bagged what I hope is a good one

Article about: Ive been searching for a good example of this pattern for a while now. It is near mint and Im super happy I found it! One concern I have is a small line on the left crossbone, hoping thats j

Default Bagged what I hope is a good one

Ive been searching for a good example of this pattern for a while now. It is near mint and Im super happy I found it! One concern I have is a small line on the left crossbone, hoping thats just a die fluke of some sort. I already purchased it without posting it here first, and not being qualified to do so my fingers are crossed that I did good!
    Thanks ahead for any input!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bagged what I hope is a good one   Bagged what I hope is a good one  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bagged what I hope is a good one
    P
    Many

It's a good one.

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    It's a good one.
    Thank you Sid, very much appreciared sir!

?

Quote by carlsson1982 View Post
    It's a good one.

Hello Sid, I don't dispute the authenticity but I'm curious as to what may cause these lines I highlighted. I have a similar skull in the same condition with these exact markings. Is it part of the plating process? It's easy to confuse them with a cast residue mark. Thanks for your help. Al

Here is mine for visual comparison

CBH
    ?

My concern was the nasal cavity touching the top row of teeth, not usual to see.

Thanks for posting that up Al, I'm interested to know what that can be as well

Quote by CBH View Post
    My concern was the nasal cavity touching the top row of teeth, not usual to see.
    Interesting, the bottom of the nasal cavity does look different on these 2 examples, although with different finishes and Aldos being the varient with the eyes, nose filled in, I wonder if its the lighting or pic angle, or if it is indeed different
    Last edited by Buster1; 03-01-2021 at 04:51 AM.

Dos
    ?

The details on it are quite good. I've seen it for sale as well, but had my doubts about the same reasons Aldo & CBH point out. Die stamp flaws are known to happen. The fact that Aldo his example has the two ridges in the exact same place is a good sign. I did not notice this before! The construction seems to be of the period.

I've seen these danziger variants with nickel plating on the back being discussed on WAF and by most members there they are considered fakes from the 70-80's. I don't say this is right..And take up most information on WAF with a grain of salt.

But some clarification would be nice!

-Dos

?

On WAF if its shiny it has to be fake because they were supposedly abundant in the 1980's. They only seem to accept corroded relics as real. The problem with that is that no one backs it up with any photographs or proof. I'm sure there were fakes in the 80's but did they look like this? We just have to rely on some blowhards memory. I'll place my bet on the expertise of Sid, and the photo's of actual Imperial caps, Heer caps and SS caps & kepis posted by F-B, Stonemint and others.

Here is a photo bomb in the style of F-B, Are They real ? Some are shiny so they must be fake

Bagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good oneBagged what I hope is a good one

Dos
    ?

Yes you are completely right Aldo. Those comments were made!! And nothing to back them up. It's a shame...

The 2nd, 4th and second to last photo show the same finish on the front and are shiney! Great pics, Thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast