MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Berlin Hoard Totenkopf

Article about: Hello WarRelics Members, I've come across this Berlin Hoard type Totenkopf. I've been looking for this particular variant for a while now. I'm not someone with a very large budget, And since

Dos
    ?

Default Berlin Hoard Totenkopf

Hello WarRelics Members,

I've come across this Berlin Hoard type Totenkopf. I've been looking for this particular variant for a while now. I find this one good looking

It is by far not a "Mint" piece and it has some bluck smudge on it, But no corrosion is present.

I read alot of topics thru the search option on this forum about these skulls. The details on it look good and in comparison to other pieces that are available here i can't find anything that looks wrong about it.

This one has smooth prongs / Attachment pins, But most "Good" skulls have them serrated. Not sure if they were made both ways on this variant..

I can't find any cast lines and it does look stamped. I was waiting for better photos from the seller before posting this piece here, since the previous ones were not that sharp. I hope these ones are good enough!

Berlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard Totenkopf

All comments and opinions are welcome!

Thank you.

Dos
    Last edited by Dos; 05-12-2020 at 02:03 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Berlin Hoard Totenkopf
    P
    Many

?

Hello, Aldo is the one that will probably be able to assist you more on this, he does pop in often..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Dos
    ?

Thanks Gwar, Appreciate the reply I've shown it to Aldo when i had some worse pictures as a preview. He thought it "might" be good, But it took some time to get better pictures. Hope he joins in soon!

?

Hello Dos, it looks good from what I can see. I don't need to be annoying but straight on pictures front and back are always crucial to spot any issues. I have seen them with both type of attachments, I'm skeptical of the saw tooth serrated type but that's just my opinion. I would be comfortable adding that to my collection. this is another example of a similar one for sale on another website.

Regards, Al

Totenkopf skull, opinions please?

Berlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard Totenkopf
    Credit: SB

Dos
    ?

Thanks for the reply Aldo, You're knowledge is much aprreciated.

I've asked several times for better pictures and other positions including straight on front and back. Most of them were not sharp or tilted sideways. Maybe this is a red flag, but then again its not a dealer of military things..

Luckily its not that expensive, so i think ill take it on my own risk. When it arrives ill post some better pictures here my self. Good to hear that the things that are visible look good

Best regards,

Dos

I would like to share a few points about these cap badges.
    The first is that not only in Berlin was this model of skull found, here with a aluminium Deschler and more stuff I supose all are original.

Berlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard Totenkopf

The second point is the diferent types of prongs that these models of skulls present,
    the up two would be skulls found in excavations in ostfront ,one prongs underneath and not serrated and another round assmann type,
    the below two skulls left skull not have serrated prongs and right skull have serrated prongs ,these two are more common and can be related to Berlin hoard skulls.

Berlin Hoard Totenkopf

third point
    difficult to find, but finally I think here is a sample of this skull model in use, I put a comparison with the most common model to dispel doubts.

Berlin Hoard Totenkopf

Fourth point
    In Berlin sandy soil a second Berlin hoard has been found year 2017 or 2018 this time formed by eagles and in fewer numbers.
    I have no idea about eagles but they seem legitimate and times of the third reich made, perhaps someone with more experience in the field of eagles can give their opinion.
    ¿Who knows how many more legit Berlin hoards remain to appear?

Berlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard TotenkopfBerlin Hoard Totenkopf

?

Quote by another ant View Post
    third point
    difficult to find, but finally I think here is a sample of this skull model in use, I put a comparison with the most common model to dispel doubts.

Berlin Hoard Totenkopf
    Thank you, very informative posts. Is it possible to post the whole photograph of the first skull on the cap for reference ? I also have looked for photographic evidence of this badge on a cap with no success.

Regards, Al

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast