Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit?

Article about: Good Morning, Friends.... I've been on the prowl for one of these for quite a while... This example is being offered by a Dutch Seller and I'd be grateful for your learned Expertise... I'm a

Default Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit?

Good Morning, Friends....
    I've been on the prowl for one of these for quite a while...
    This example is being offered by a Dutch Seller and I'd be grateful for your learned Expertise...
    I'm also showing one of the Forum's confirmed originals for comparison -Bottom Photos-...
    Thanks for your help - in a World of Experts, I'm still learning...
    -Glenn-
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit?   Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit?  

Attached Images Attached Images Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit?  Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit?
    P
    Many

For me is an original, but unfortunately both prongs were replaced.
    For more infos,I add a thread from unsere forum.
    Regards,Jannis.
    eagle ss ? 475/39 copy?

Thank You kindly for your assistance and for the helpful link - Much Appreciated!
    -Glenn-

Save your money
    It is a copy of 2-3 years old

These are not repared or replaced prongs, the copy comes with this configuration, I think was expressly to prevent them from being sold as authentic since they are originally sold as copies or a difficulty that the author of these copies could not overcome.

the lack of detail in general is another recognition factor and also in the swastika on the back you can see a wrong pattern with the originals.

copy

originals

the material is different from the originals, you can check if you compare information not visible with someone who has an original.

I could go on on more , but I hope this is enough for you , sorry

Wondering here, but are not the backside of these to be the same or close in similarity in detail as the front side? Specifically the chest and wings feathers arrayal?

Quote by Rich Moran View Post
    Wondering here, but are not the backside of these to be the same or close in similarity in detail as the front side? Specifically the chest and wings feathers arrayal?
    Sometimes, sometimes not.
    There is a big difference in those made from tombak, and those made from zinc.
    Ralph.

My tombak Wagner example.

My zinc Zimmermann example.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

rbminis, the highlighted area on your tombac on the reverse side of the insignia do show details of wing lines as well as the wreath. The insignia at the start of the thread lacks any detail on the reverse side.
    Attached Images Attached Images Cap Eagle RZM SS 475/39 Legit? 

Sorry, I have to correct myself, I was wrong.
    Regards, Jannis.

Quote by johanis1860 View Post
    Sorry, I have to correct myself, I was wrong.
    Regards, Jannis.
    It's ok, all of us make mistakes and from them we learn. I thought I knew much about these SS visor cap insignias but found out I knew enough to be dangerous to myself and my wallet if not careful with these things.

It is frightening what is offered as an original these days! Although the copies shown are not badly made and it would be perfectly fine if the seller offered them as copies too!