Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Cap skull ss for review

Article about: Hello fellow collectors, Today I received a ss cap skull for my collection from a friend....they say it could be an original piece. I have never seen the original and badges are not really m

?

Default Cap skull ss for review

Hello fellow collectors, Today I received a ss cap skull for my collection from a friend....they say it could be an original piece. I have never seen the original and badges are not really my thing....after studying the thread, I like the skull. .The markings are precise and, according to the photos, the original piece seems to me to be usable. What do they think? Thank you very much for your opinions....regards, Huddy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap skull ss for review   Cap skull ss for review  

Cap skull ss for review  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cap skull ss for review
    P
    Many

?

I'm slightly on the fence with this skull because of certain flaws on the rear. The area around the eyes is a bit concerning exhibiting what appears like mold residue. Clear closeup photo's of the back can help remove any doubt. Sometimes I can be overly critical so wait for better photo's and more opinions.
    It's a transitional Deschler with the prongs soldered directly onto the skull unlike the later variants with post attachments. The front looks good with a natural wear.

Here are some authentic examples of this transitional TK to compare with

Credit: Megobeego

Cap skull ss for reviewCap skull ss for review

From my collection

Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

It lacks detail on the front, and has some flaws near the right side. The back side tells it all. Bad one unfortunately..

?

Sorry, it is in fact a cast copy. Here are some very clear photo's photo's of an example of this type of fake.

Credit: another ant
    Regards, Al