Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Danziger Totenkopf

Article about: My latest Danziger TK is a nicely worn specimen. A perfect example of what to look for in one of these early albeit "common" types. Clean diestruck edges and natural worn patina wi

?

Default Danziger Totenkopf

My latest Danziger TK is a nicely worn specimen. A perfect example of what to look for in one of these early albeit "common" types. Clean diestruck edges and natural worn patina with traces of silver over Tombac. I've slowed down on buying these but whenever I come across a nice example like this I can't help myself.

Danziger Totenkopf
    Danziger Totenkopf

Danziger Totenkopf
    Danziger Totenkopf
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Totenkopf
    P
    Many

These TKs are really great. In the early years of my collecting I always wanted a traditions kepi of the Allgemeine SS because I loved those Danzigers. Unfortunately, I was never able to realize this and nowadays you can hardly afford these kepis, apart from the fact that most of them are fakes.

?

Very nice Al. Really like the patina.

Tim

Nice patina too.

?

Yes, I know the feeling. The last SS kepi I saw listed was sold for $20K

This one was listed on Shea's site a few years ago but I don't recall the price. It sports a different TK like this from my collection.

Danziger Totenkopf

Danziger Totenkopf

Danziger TotenkopfDanziger Totenkopf
    Regards, Al

?

Crazy expensive and crazy rare. The only real ones I've seen are photos. Well I did see one at the sos however I definitely wouldn't recommend that one.

Probably not something I will ever aquire.

Tim

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Yes, I know the feeling. The last SS kepi I saw listed was sold for $20K

This one was listed on Shea's site a few years ago but I don't recall the price. It sports a different TK like this from my collection.

Danziger Totenkopf

Danziger Totenkopf

Danziger TotenkopfDanziger Totenkopf
    Yes, this is really crazy! 20,000 for a kepi, I wouldn't be so stupid! I once had the opportunity to purchase an original Leaders kepi with the silver metal cord at the top. That was at a Militaria fair in Germany in the early 1990s. The cap was badly worn, with a few moth holes and the eagle was missing. The chin strap was also torn because its leather was bone dry. So the condition had not been exhilarating. At the time, the dealer wanted 3,000 Deutschmarks, I remember that very well. That was too much for me. At that time it was around $2,000 to $2,500. When I think of nowaday's prices, I still regret that I didn't buy it!