Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Danziger Variant Revisited

Article about: I'm reposting this Danziger variant I've had for awhile for the purposes of discussion. I bought this because it looked interesting and has an almost "smirking" expression. When it

?

Default Danziger Variant Revisited

I'm reposting this Danziger variant I've had for awhile for the purposes of discussion. I bought this because it looked interesting and has an almost "smirking" expression. When it arrived I realized that the right cheek and eye socket were slightly crushed down causing an exaggerated expression. Being that I had already owned about 10-15 of the common pattern Danziger, I dismissed it as an anomaly that looked different because of the crushed condition. It was recently brought to my attention by Dan "Buster1" so I took it out for comparison photographs. When you compare them side by side it's obvious they are different in the teeth, size of nasal cavity, sutures and lower right crossbones that are longer and straighter, thickness of prongs, etc..... Thanks Dan, I inadvertently added another variant....

Danziger Variant RevisitedDanziger Variant Revisited

I remember seeing these for sale on John T's site awhile back and now realize these are the same pattern. These exhibit a more "puffy" looking cheekbone because they are not crushed like mine, but the smirk is undeniable.

And lastly, this relic came up on the red forum which i believe is the same pattern. Harder to tell because of condition and angle of photo. What say You?
    Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Danziger Variant Revisited
    P
    Many

'X' marks the spot !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger Variant Revisited  

?

Thanks Robin, I've stared at that picture of yours a million times and never noticed it before!
    Regards, Al

Dos
    ?

An almost smiling example, Weird one for sure!

This other example you have posted is not the same.. It's being sold now for 750$ on his website. Ridiculous if you ask me.. Ground dug, and no pins..

?

You beat me to it Marten, I was getting ready to post about that skunk "banned" forum member's gouging prices. Good condition should sell for $350-400, relic maybe $200 at best, but I'm sure someone will pounce they always do. God Bless Capitalism!
    Regards, Al

Hi Al, glad I could be some help. Interesting varient for sure, one on my wish list. Here is another pic from my data base, but I think it may be from your collection? As far as the other one from the red forum, I think it is a different varient. I will add a pic from a different angle. As Marten pointed out, he now has it listed for 750. I originally pm'd him about it and he offered it to me for 450, then when I showed interest he dissapeared and jacked the price up..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Danziger Variant Revisited  
    Attached Images Attached Images Danziger Variant Revisited 

These variants reminded me of this one ............... haven't posted a picture of this for many years.

?

Yes that bottom one is the original photo I took. John T had several on his site also. I got mine from emedals for under $400 with shipping and commission. They used to list a load of skulls but now it seems no one is selling. This is the original website photo, looks quite different I thought it was gonna have an almost white frosting finish.

Regards, Al

?

Quote by Robin Lumsden View Post
    These variants reminded me of this one ............... haven't posted a picture of this for many years.
    Oh Robin, you let the cat out of the bag! I've been chasing that one for 3 years now, LOL. Now that's it out I'll post another photo of one that made a brief appearance on a thread. it looks a little different because it's crushed and one from Stonemint's thread.

Regards, Al