Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Deschler cupal M1/52

Article about: Hello everyone, how does it feel to see this tk? The fakes Deschler on the market really dazzle me.

Default Deschler cupal M1/52

Hello everyone, how does it feel to see this tk? The fakes Deschler on the market really dazzle me.Deschler cupal M1/52Deschler cupal M1/52Deschler cupal M1/52

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deschler cupal M1/52
    P
    Many

Sharper photos.Deschler cupal M1/52Deschler cupal M1/52Deschler cupal M1/52Deschler cupal M1/52Deschler cupal M1/52

I like it, I don't see any red flags.
    But rather wait for the opinion of more experienced collectors like me, Aldo is one of them.
    Regards, Jannis.

Thank you for your statement, and I have a question: why is this tk so black? Is it the precipitation of time?

?

Quote by johanis1860 View Post
    I like it, I don't see any red flags.
    But rather wait for the opinion of more experienced collectors like me, Aldo is one of them.
    Regards, Jannis.
    I agree, nothing wrong with this one. I was perplexed at first because I thought swim mouse was posting this as a high end fake. it is very common to see this dark finish on cupal TK's due to time and exposure to the elements. Our colleague another ant would be able to describe the process in better detail, he seems to have a good working knowledge of the various chemical reactions on these metal badges. Here is an early "52" Deschler that looks almost black depending on the lighting and background

Deschler cupal M1/52
    Deschler cupal M1/52

Deschler cupal M1/52

Here is another one similar to the one you posted.....

Deschler cupal M1/52
    Deschler cupal M1/52
    Regards, Al

All SS skulls shown here are original and nice examples.

Regarding the patina in SS skulls of 80+ years you are right, due to time and exposure to the elements.
    Depends on how the piece has been preserved, it will not take the same patina if it is exposed in a place with natural light, with artificial light, exposed without protection outdoors, in humidity, or mixed in a box with other objects, or if at some point it has been cleaned with water or touched with bare hands. etc.
    and these would be the natural ways of aging,
    there would also be the artificial ways , cover them with varnish, clean them with abrasives to remove verdigris , Vaseline to preserve them of zinc pest , etc.

my personal option is the vacuum box similar to the riker box, so it will be kept as it is received.