Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52

Article about: I would like any opinions on this Totenkopf in plated cupal ...i think.

Default Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52

I would like any opinions on this Totenkopf in plated cupal ...i think.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52   Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52  

Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52   Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52
    P
    Many

?

It looks like a high quality cast reproduction based on all those residue bumps and swirls on the back. Also the nasal cavity looks odd, and extra material on the front of the crossbones. Perhaps I'm mistaken in my analysis so wait for more opinions. If it is fake it's the best one I've ever seen

Al

?

Here are some examples of these early rzm 52 skulls front and back for comparison

Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52Early Deschler & Sohne Totenkopf RZM 52

The pins are different where they join the skull, the poor detail on the reverse of the teeth, and most importantly, the poor detail of the maker's mark.
    IMO, it's a copy.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Rob, thanks for the better pics.

I would agree, it is a cast copy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ok thanks for input. Its one hell of a cast then as its thinner than some of the examples posted here. theres also no patina so its not that the detail isnt crisp just hard to photograph as very clean ...that of course puts one off ...the mint look too.

Dos
    ?

The nose and the backside with all the imperfections give it away. Like mentioned above. I do have to admit that this is a scary fake and would fool some collectors that are buying it to restore a visor cap. There are still examples out there that are in mint condition. It’s best to look a lot closer to these to study them without any patina to make yourself known with how it was constructed when these totenkopfs left the factory. There are some members here that have such examples!

-Dos

CBH
    ?

The 52 on the OP is very sloppy compared to originals, that’s a scary fake.

a very dangerous (new generation) fake

?

I have to agree with Sid and Chris, this is dangerous fake. It could easily fool anyone affixed to a cap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast