Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Early Skull

Article about: I acquired another early skull thanks to Dan aka Buster1 one of the latest forum members to join the TK fold. Dan was nice enough to bargain for this on my behalf and send it to me. Thanks D

?

Default Early Skull

I acquired another early skull thanks to Dan aka Buster1 one of the latest forum members to join the TK fold. Dan was nice enough to bargain for this on my behalf and send it to me. Thanks Dan! This is one of my favorite of the early skulls which I've described them as primitive looking. This particular specimen is well worn, slightly squashed, missing a prong and in overall poor condition but I love it. Here it is with the clan.

Enjoy, Al

Early SkullEarly Skull

Early Skull

Credit: Robin Lumsden, Sarge08, F-B
    Early SkullEarly Skull
    Early Skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early Skull
    P
    Many

?

My favourite pattern of skull! I call it the "ghost baby"...

?

Thank you Arran, I love the moniker! F-B would not approve of me using cute baby names but I'm sure he would allow this one because it is accurate.

Dos
    ?

Man... those are one of the rarest type of early skulls. Hope i can find one as well. Congrats Al, Fits great with the rest!

-Dos

Your very welcome Al, glad to help! And that is a beautiful collection of that rare variety. I dont think I've seen that on a cap before, excellent pics for reference. You must have a photo archive of caps for every varient tk you have

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Thank you Arran, I love the moniker! F-B would not approve of me using cute baby names but I'm sure he would allow this one because it is accurate.
    Then I guess I will refrain from sharing my pets names here on the forum.

?

Quote by Buster1 View Post
    Your very welcome Al, glad to help! And that is a beautiful collection of that rare variety. I dont think I've seen that on a cap before, excellent pics for reference. You must have a photo archive of caps for every varient tk you have
    Yes, most of these pics are found on this forum due to the generous nature of some collectors. seeing the badge in use helps validate it for me and to keep the naysayers at bay. I try to return the favor by posting all my variants for future collectors.

?

Quote by Buster1 View Post
    Then I guess I will refrain from sharing my pets names here on the forum.
    Not necessary, it's just something I adhered to for our colleague Friedrich-Berthold in return for his generosity in sharing his vast archive and expertise on the subject matter.
    Feel free to call them what you want

by F-B "My friend, my aid to you, such as it is, rests on the condition that you refrain from cute names in my company.

There is nothing cute, really, about any of it.

My collages have the point to underscore the brutality, folly, and tragedy of death cult kitsch as a manifestation of war, society and culture.

When collectors transform these things into a kind of toy or children's doll, or something, then there is something very perverse about it.

Duerer's Totentanz in the epoch made clear that death was a truth and certainty for everyone."

Those who somehow want to proclaim that they scorn death, when, in fact, they have murdered so many whose lives would surely have brought great benefit

to succeeding generations hardly deserve anything cute.

We are all gripped by this story and its regalia, but no one should nurture naive ideas about it all.

I post these things as a warning and as part of my own attempt to work through my own interest in something which as a mature adult strikes me more and more

as a huge, needless tragedy, the price of which just keeps rising as the world stumbles or not into another major war, that is, a larger war than whatever you

wish to depict now as being."