Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Early SS skull ?

Article about: Hi, a lot of early skulls to see here, but to be honnest, I'm lost... what's your feeling about this one please ? Thank you. Pascal. PS. I like it

?

Default Re: Early SS skull ?

I am definitely a "Danziger Devotee". I love the shape of this skull, and the Deschler has always rubbed me the wrong way. All Hail St. Danziger!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Early SS skull  ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Early SS skull ?

Quote by doomtown View Post
    I am definitely a "Danziger Devotee". I love the shape of this skull, and the Deschler has always rubbed me the wrong way. All Hail St. Danziger!
    Thank you. I rather like them all, frankly, but what I cannot abide are anti historical fairy tales about the Deschler thingies. I would be the very first to listen with total attention to someone who actually knew the story of the little buggers, but such has eluded me. Here on this site we have done all possible to construct primary sources on headwear and uniforms in the hope of creating real knowledge. I personally am much taken with early SS caps, more of which exist than I ever thought possible. In any case, to each his own, and we are grateful to find any authentic militaria at all. Happy "sculls" to all on the continents of the world. The Deschler firm was recently taken over by an Austrian firm (in Tirol or Salzburg) that makes more or less the same kind of badges, plaques, insignia, trophies and the like. Someone must be a scholar of this trade, and could make a sensible contribution to knowledge about this kind of thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3